Hemorrhoid after fistula surgery

Hemorrhoid after surgery

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Hemorrhoid after fistula surgery

Postby ams245 » 13 Nov 2017, 09:36

Hello,

I had surgery for a fistula on Tuesday of last week. Since then I’ve still have had a lot of drainage and some soreness. Yesterday I had two BMs close together, first on was fine, second One not so much. While cleaning myself I know it is very sharp pain in it almost seemed like it was getting too much water into the wound. The sharp pain persisted throughout the night and while changing the bandages in doing an exam I noticed what peer to be a hemorrhoid. I called the doctors office and they stated that is common to produce a hemorrhoid after fistula surgery. They told me to ice it and take ibuprofen for a day or so and see how that goes. Has anyone developed a hemorrhoid after fistula surgery? Thanks
ams245

Topics: 1

Re: Hemorrhoid after fistula surgery

Postby PainInTheAssYouWere » 14 Nov 2017, 20:43

Crazy, I just had mine done Friday. Happy to know I'm not the only new one here. So yes, I am developing a hemorrhoid after surgery. Going to do the same... Ibu and relax and hopefully it goes down. My stools have been "smooth" but they probably could get "smoother" so I'm also going to take a stool softener (Colace) or something like that and up my intake of water. Hopefully both of ours settles down a bit.
PainInTheAssYouWere

Postby ams245 » 14 Nov 2017, 21:11

How has your pain been? They ended up filleting me right up instead of doing the Seton. I went back to the Doctors today because I had a a bit of blood but apparently it was normal. They said everything was looking good. Still having a bit of pain but i've been taking 600mg of ibu every 4 hours. Also taking some Vitamin B and C to hopefully speed up the healing time. My BM's haven't been to bad with the softeners. I'm lucky enough to be able to take about 2.5 weeks off from work due to my working being fairly labor intensive. Let me know if you have any questions!
ams245

Postby PainInTheAssYouWere » 15 Nov 2017, 23:51

pain has been off and on. i thought i was going to get the seton too, but i think they sliced and diced me as well. i've only been doing 600 ibuprofen at night just to get my sleep started. i eventually get up anyway to pee... it's conditional from my job of 13 yrs. can't have a full bladder, you never know what might come up. i have until the end of Nov. off as well as my job is also labor intensive...never thought about the Vits B and C for healing. a good idea!
PainInTheAssYouWere

Postby ams245 » 16 Nov 2017, 07:36

Sounds like you might be in the emergency servies?!
ams245

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?