Lis update and question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lis update and question

Postby Ihatethisfissure » 11 Jan 2018, 10:12

I had lis on Dec 26th. It went well and the pain from the surgery is alittle rough the first week or so but is manageable with Advil and the pain killers they give you (lots of stool softeners, fiber and water if you decide to take it). I haven't had any fissure pain since the surgery (woot!) and no continence issues! Air might be alittle tricky but it's no big deal at all at least for me. I'm alittle over 2 weeks out and just take one 600mg Advil a day before a bowel movement just in case. Other than that pain is minimal now!

I'm not really bleeding anymore from incision but it is still draining. How long did your incision drain for? Mine was left open I think.

Feel free to ask me any questions! So far I'd do this over again no questions asked. Just use a skilled crs if you decide.
Ihatethisfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Lis update and question

Postby Katie » 30 Jan 2018, 13:01

Hiya I had the lis op on the 15th Jan ans mine has not bleed or nothing has come out of my wound!! X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Re: Lis update and question

Postby Katie » 07 Feb 2018, 05:48

How are u now? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2