Just to make everyone feel better

I got everything there is to have down there

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Just to make everyone feel better

Postby IgotEverything » 11 Jan 2018, 18:26

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to register into this forum to talk about the most debilitating period of my life.
Last December I went to the dr having a lot of pain in my bottom, and I was diagnosed with anal fissure.
So far so good you'd say.
The dr said, this had to heal before he can check further up my rectum (or do a colonoscopy)so we left it at that.
By the end of the week I had so much pain and swelling I had to drive myself to the ER.
They run all possible tests known to man. They found a fully grown rectal Abscess.
Same day I had a surgery. For some reason the dr decided to be conservative so he just cleaned it and cut a hole for it to drain naturally through the anus.
12 days later, more pain, and now a high fever.
Turned out the abscess stopped draining and we needed to get more drastic about it.
2nd surgery to add a Seton Placement. I had no fistula canal formed from the abscess, so they drilled one for drainage. And of course I got my self a nice butt piercing (that is what I call my Seton placement)
Meanwhile through all the butt prodding the dr also told me that I have an internal and an external thrombosed hemorrhoids!
5 days later on Christmas, I was feeling another hard lump on the side of my buttocks.
Turns out my abscess had "horseshoed" to one side.
Another surgery same day. This was a local cut and anesthesia to temporarily drain the new abscess extension cause it wasn't draining through the Seton placement. I felt every bit of pain of that procedure I was sweating like a pig after he was done, and felt like crying out of frustration.
Last surgery (so far) added a second Seton placement.
I was joking with the drs and nurses, that other people buy a Harley, but butt piercing was my own midlife crisis gift, and my wife better get used to it.

So this is where I stand right now. With an Anal fissure, 2 thrombosed hemorrhoids, 2 abscesses, 2 Seton Placements, 2 fistulas.
I'm wearing oversized pads for a month now. Every BM leaves me with various levels of pain And I don't even know at this point which is the source of it from all the things I got.
I can't enjoy a fart anymore. If I feel sudden pressure down there, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and run like hell to the toilet just in case something else comes out.
Last week especially on top of everything I got a virus that gave me diarrhea 5 times a day for 3 days. Every single one with painful after effects.
But through all the frustration and pain and anger, there are also some good news. I can finally lay on my back which is the only way I can sleep. With the swollen abscess I couldn't. This also allows me to keep working while reclined on my laptop, which is AWESOME cause I can eventually pay for my hospital bills.
Finally I lost 25 pounds within a month. Very happy about that!
As soon as I start feeling like I can walk, I will hit the treadmill like a maniac, and finally get down to the actual weight I'm supposed to have.
This is my story so far. Sorry If I bored you with all the details. I've never been so sick and debilitated in my life. I sure appreciate now how important is to be healthy, to be able to sit, and stand, and have a BM, and spend a day without feeling like my anus will fall off.
Nice to meet you everyone.
IgotEverything

Topics: 4

Re: Just to make everyone feel better

Postby chachacha » 12 Jan 2018, 11:35

So sorry to hear that you've had to go through so much. But what an amazingly positive attitude you have about it all. I hope that everything is sorted soon and you can get back to your old life.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Jan 2018, 16:06

Oh my goodness what a lot to go through, just one of those things would have been bad enough. I’m sure now everything has been put in place so to speak that you will start to heal and that 2018 will se you back to your old self very soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 13 Jan 2018, 04:02

Thought my fissure and HPV worts were bad. Good Luck!! The Joy Is In The Journey!! OttawaMarc1234
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Topics: 10