Anal fissure healing but new problem

Anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure healing but new problem

Postby Elle1007 » 01 Jan 2018, 14:07

So after 3 months of pain, I went to a General Surgeon last week. He did an external examination and said I have a fissure that is about 2 to 3 weeks away from healing. I have had the life stopping internal spinchter spasms since the beginning, but those have stopped for two days. Now, after a BM, my external anus area burns, itches and is very painful for the whole day. It is a dull pain. Has anyone else experienced this? Would be most grateful for any help.
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Anal fissure healing but new problem

Postby Hopefull123 » 01 Jan 2018, 14:18

Hi Elle, when I am at my worst, I have internal pain and tightness. When I start healing I have that external burning pain and then itching, which for me is a sign for healing. After a few days I go pain free. The problem for me is retaring every week or two due to impossibility to control every single bite I eat. Very frustrating. What routine do you use to heal?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Elle1007 » 01 Jan 2018, 14:47

Thank you so much for responding. I can't tell you how hopeful you have made me feel. It took me three months, but I think the most impact I have had is buying a slanted step stool for using in the bathroom. The brand I got was Morning Smile (great name, huh!), but there are many out there. The slanted stool mimics a crouching position for a BM. That was my turning point. Secondly, I do not allow myself to strain. Concerning food/drink, I take 2oz of aloe Vera juice not gel at night to help things move along the bus, shall we say. I am trying to cut the junk out too. This truly is the most pain I have ever experienced. It is worth than natural childbirth.
May I ask, whe you are starting to heal, was the external burning pain very painful? Mine is.
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Postby Hopefull123 » 01 Jan 2018, 14:54

Yes, the external pain was painful, but it should subside within a week or two. You may want to apply something like coconut oil to keep it moist and sooth the pain.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Elle1007 » 24 Jan 2018, 20:53

Thanks. Coconut bullets are the best and my cure.
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Postby Elle1007 » 08 Feb 2018, 14:05

Has anyone used muscle relaxants to help with the external pain associated with healing? Coconut oil really helps. But sometimes that ring of fire is painful after BM.
Elle1007
Salt Bather