Tailbone pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tailbone pain

Postby Ash1988 » 08 Feb 2018, 06:04

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me?

I have been suffering from a fissure since the birth of my daughter 8 months ago! I have used GTN and now using diltiazem. The pain from my fissure isnt really there anymore, however I think I am still having spasms. I constantly feel like I have a golfball or something up there!

In the past week I have developed some tailbone pain, I think this is muscular as it doesnt hurt to touch only when sitting or getting up from a seated position! I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if they have been able to deal with it ?

I have been doing yoga and pilates to try and get some core strength back so I dont know if it is related to this or to the fissure?

Im worried I now have an overactive pelvic floor and to be honest GPs seem really rubbish with any of these complaints!

Any advice would be really appreciated! I'm feeling really down over being in constant pain and it just seems to be one thing after another!
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Tailbone pain

Postby Ash1988 » 15 Feb 2018, 08:46

Any advice would be helpful, I’m really struggling to even sit down at the minute and I’m feeling very down
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Postby Hopefull123 » 15 Feb 2018, 14:46

Hi Ash, I am sorry to hear you ate suffering. It's good that your fissure is healing, but the muscles may take awhile to settle down after so many months of spasming. Make sure no set backs from the fissure. For the muscles here is what I have been doing for the past two weeks,after my fissure pain also disappeared and stopped bleeding. I am not sure which method helps or the combo. I hope something will help you.
1. Diltiazem, 3 times per day on the outside, plus one additional time 1 hr before the BM. Nitro did not help me.
2. Coconut oil and castor oil suppositories once per day in the afternoon. Castor oil may help with skin elasticity and scar fissure dissolving. I take surround wrap, put a small spoon of coconut oil and a splash of castor oil and then mix it well and start spreading it to form a thin stick. Wrap it with the wrap and keep stretching from the middle to the edges to reach the thickness of the suppository . Wrap it well and place in the freezer. It will be very soft, so be gentle not to bend it. Once it freezes, break small pieces, polish them a little with your finger to make a soft tip and insert.
3. Manuka honey with a q tip insert inside to make sure full wound healing and no scar fissure formation. Do this about one hr after BM but before the coconut suppository, otherwise the oil from the castor and coconut will coat the anal canal and the honey won't get to touch it.
4. Self dialation with my index finger, lubed in castor and coconut oil. Insert and make gentle circular motions for 10 minutes, twice a day. But make sure to do this when the spasms subside. This is the true muscle physical therapy to loosen them up and get them used to being stretched without spasming. This is really working.
5. I eat now hardening foods, basically everything, stopped all laxatives but take one tea spoon of psyllium husk twice a day. I needed to stop my liquid stools because they were not helping the muscles to start stretching. But only when the fissure starts to heal I recommend this, otherwise it will keep reopening. So now my stools,are harder, but soft at the same time, very bulky which stretches the muscles and provides natural physical therapy. I don't strain with this type of fiber. It just comes out through the peristalsis. I like that, very perfect poop indeed with the husk.
6. I take flavonoids pills, Zink and vitamin e, royal jelly and raw honey.

What you are experiencing are muscle spasms, most annoying when you feel the golf ball thing. Very common. It drove me crazy, but the above is helping and today I only had minor spasms for an hour. Hopefully there will be progress. If not, I have decided not to wait and suffer but to do the surgery. No one should suffer from this and the more time it passes, the slimmer chance we 'll get to heal completely, the more scar tissue will form and other bigger problems may occur.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Ash1988 » 16 Feb 2018, 03:49

Thank you for the reply!

I was feeling good thinking that the fissure was healing! But I think my muscles are so tight that I am going to end up getting another one!

Did you find that self dilation really helps? I’m scared to try in case I hurt myself more

I’m trying to stop taking lactulose as my diet is good, but I think I have been using it as a bit of a crutch!
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Postby dmcff » 16 Feb 2018, 04:15

I think physiotherapy might help you, but it needs to be done carefully, via a referral by a CRS. Maybe you could ask about this?
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Ash1988 » 26 Feb 2018, 15:53

Hi yes I will ask the CRS about this but will not see him again until the end of April

My tailbone pain has just continued to worsen to the point were I am not only able to sit on the floor with a coccyx cushion!

Has anyone else experienced this? Can this really be coming from the fissure?
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Postby Reliefatlast? » 26 Feb 2018, 16:07

I have experienced that pain too but I never connected it to the fissure. I thought it was from sleeping or sitting in a particular position to try to get comfortable. I had no idea others experienced it as well.
Reliefatlast?
Fibre Addict

Postby Ash1988 » 26 Feb 2018, 16:45

Mine has been constant for about 4 weeks and is just getting progressively worse! Did yours just go away?
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 18 Aug 2022, 20:48

Ash1988 it's been a while since you posted and I was wondering how things went for you since. I see a lot similarities between our symptoms except that I'm a male. Especially, feeling tailbone pain when sitting after your fissure healed, and the sharp pain you feel at your tailbone when standing up from a seated position. I'm experiencing the exact same situation. Hopefully you've healed by now. Anyways, would be generous of you to share some of your experiences. Thanks!
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Rich44 » 19 Aug 2022, 09:17

I had a similar thing which I probably told you about Fred. It was a muscle spasm that would happen as soon as I stood up after a BM. The only way I could usually get it to calm down was to sit down on my chair which was excruciating but I got used to it. Eventually it felt like I was sitting on a golf ball at all times - even on a comfortable couch. It was more annoying that the fissure.

It was caused by stress for me. The week I left my job (which I hated) it went away. I "broke the cycle" as my first CRS told me to do (but I had no idea what that meant at the time).
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist