Chronic fissure

Fissure issues

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Chronic fissure

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 28 Feb 2018, 13:16

My fissure started with explosive diarrhea. It happened a year ago and I got well soon then second week of January I got the bad flu and got diarrhea which caused a fissure and a skin tag the first week. It healed and two days ago came back but not as painful. The bleeding is slowing. I’m eating well and keeping diarrhea at bay(this is an issue after stomach resection surgery) and using neoaporin, injection of olive oil, arnica and lidocaine as well as sits bath and tucks pads. I’m not sure there’s much else I can do. I’m waiting for zinc oxide to arrive today. Because of extremely low blood pressure I can’t really use some of the medication cream they prescribe so I’m just sticking with this routine. It’s not getting worse but it hurts so bad when I go to the bathroom. If anyone has any other suggestions please do tell. It’s not as bad as when I first tore it. I’d say it’s been an issue a total of 4 full weeks
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Feb 2018, 15:15

Nothing really useful to add, just wanted to say the best thing to do will be to get the diarrhoea under control. I got my fissure after years of diarrhoea due to crohns. It’s worse for a fissure than constipation as it’s acidic and strips the skin.
I don’t know if your allowed to take psyllium after your op but if you can it helps to bulk out the stool and absorb some water, be careful though as if you drink too much with it it can just end up making you go more often. The same for immodium/loperamide if you can take this after your op it will slow the transit time of your small intestine and colon where the water gets absorbed.
The zinc oxide will help, I always put it on before a BM especially if I think it may be liquid or loose.
You seem to be doing everything you can to heal and it’s early so you should be fine soon.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 28 Feb 2018, 15:52

Thank you!!! Yes I take Imodium with my first drink of water in the morning and about 4 pm and it helps. Psyllium is fantastic stuff!!! I also have a lot of luck with beans
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 28 Feb 2018, 21:37

One more question. It only burns and has a tearing feeling but not as bad and no blood when I use the bathroom. Does this mean it’s healing? The pain after is nothing like at first. It used to hurt all day.
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Mar 2018, 03:08

I’m sure that any lessening in pain is a great sign that it’s healing. Most fissures will heal on their own without any intervention if you can get the thing that caused them (diarrhoea/constipation) under control.
It’s only the few unlucky ones that need more intervention, that is usually because we have a high resting pressure in the internal sphincter which lessens the blood supply to the area and prevents healing.
Mypoorbutt

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 01 Mar 2018, 07:22

Thank you for taking the time. I’m so sorry all of you are going through this for any length of time. I hope it doesn’t come across the wrong way but I hope I’m not in the long term group. I am glad to hear they heal
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Mar 2018, 08:38

I hope your not in the long term group either :D I wouldn’t wish a fissure on anyone.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 02 Mar 2018, 10:18

*I’ll keep updating for anyone scouting the net for help who happens to come across my post for small bits of help*

I’m healing a little and trying to keep inserting zinc and lidocaine as well as coconut oil. Neosporin has seemed to be the biggest help both times I got a fissure and this retear after a sitz bath. Ibuprofen also!!!

I do feel where the fissure has hard raised edges. I’m hearing this is not good but can heal. I’ll be working on stretching daily, doing massages to bring blood flow and keep the scar tissue from getting hard and looking into vitamin e or scar cream.

As for the retear; today not much pain and no bleeding or spasm. I believe the stretching (helping the sphincter dilate) and applying neosporin to the glove on that finger with some zinc has helped a lot. I don’t see why that can’t be something I do every BM.

I hope this finds someone who needs this information
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Mar 2018, 11:36

Mypoorbutt wrote:I don’t know if your allowed to take psyllium after your op but if you can it helps to bulk out the stool and absorb some water, be careful though as if you drink too much with it it can just end up making you go more often.

MPB - How much water do you suggest? What works for you?
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 27 Mar 2018, 07:14

There is a water calculator if you google it. I drink almost a gallon a day
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict