Never knowing which food is going to cause pain/tares.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Never knowing which food is going to cause pain/tares.

Postby Fissure UK » 08 Mar 2018, 14:41

One of the enduring problems following the hemmoroidectomy is the consequences of never knowing for sure   which  food items are going to cause problems the following day.

I am able to ensure that the BMs are very soft. I know what to eat & drink to achieve this. This may sound like an ideal situation, but please read on.

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit consisting of 5 prunes, 2 pinaple rings ,1 banana,  2 table spoons of bio pot yogurt.15ml Lactulose OR 100ml lactose.

Lunch: large plate of boiled veg-sprouts,carrots,broccoli cabbage and spinach,4 small  Y puddings, gravy. 15ml lactulose & prune juice.

Teatime: 3 heaped tablespoons of porridge  oats  (uncooked), 1 heaped table spoon of powdered cereals, full skimmed milk.
Lactose & prune juice.

Supper: Repeat of lunch, but with a table spoon of Gaviscon afterwards!

There are no problems going to the toilet on the above diet except a bit of pain due to the current tare.

In my fridge at the moment is a small steak & ale pie-1 person size. I am contemplating having just half of this with the last meal of the day instead of the Y puddings. Whether this will cause me more pain tomorrow morning I do not know. This  is the problem-there is no knowing for sure. Last week, eating a full  pie caused me problems. So, that is the problem.

I drink up to 8 pints of water each day

4 months after the OP and I am basically scared to deviate to different food types.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Never knowing which food is going to cause pain/tares.

Postby mmklinemm » 09 Mar 2018, 06:54

Fissure UK - we all understand that fear of food. My best advice is to go ahead and have a small amount. Just make sure you chew everything thoroughly and drink plenty of water with it. We can't deprive ourselves of everything. A small amount shouldn't hurt, as long as you're careful, and it doesn't contain things that don't break down. I avoid things like strawberry seeds, dried coconut, chia seeds, peanuts, etc.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Fissure UK » 10 Mar 2018, 09:44

Will certainly explore the 100% Pure Pine Oil & 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine. Your description sounds like you have found a real solution there.

An interesting comment about food stuffs that don't break down. We should compile a list and post it up as a sticky.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Postby Fissure UK » 11 Mar 2018, 13:01

Tech7four wrote:I used 2x sugar cubes each with 5 ml Pine Oil. 3 times a week orally. Just drop the Pine Oil onto the cubes and chew them up and swallow. Wash it down with water and thats it.

I'be been looking online to establish where I can get this from. Hollamd & B came up and also Amaz***. A 10ml container is only going to suffice for two doses at 5ml each. I am guessing you are not in the UK.

If anyone else is using this and knows where to obtain it I'm all ears :D
Fissure UK
Salt Bather