A little history and need advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby rw40 » 14 Mar 2018, 21:25

Hi Everyone,

I am a man in my mid 50s. I've had surgery twice for thrombotic hemorrhoids and had a sphincterotomy in 2012 which got infected and I had a second surgery for a fistula (as many can probably relate - this was awful). Since the sphincterotomy, I really have never healed property - constantly tender with intermittent bleeding. However, I am not suffering with the extreme pain of the fissure which I dealt with for 4 years.

I have recently been diagnosed with Anal Stenosis and my doctor is telling me I may have to undergo a rare surgery. But first I will try anal dilation and continue to use Miralax and fiber. My problem is I can't do the dilation because of the pain.

I've decided to go on a long term water fast to try and heal things so I can dilate.

I'm wondering if there is an ointment or suppository that would promote faster healing?

Also, has anyone tried fasting like this?

Thanks,

RW
rw40

Topics: 1

Re: New member

Postby Fissure UK » 15 Mar 2018, 07:25

Hi rw40,
The ointment you need is  glyceryl trinitrate. Sometimes referred to as GTN.

Although prescibed for anal spasms, it increases blood flow to the area where it is applied. Also used to reduce pain in the area of our  mutual problem.

I am currently using it to help a tare heal (as per doc) but am not healed yet at nearly 3wks.

Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby rw40 » 15 Mar 2018, 09:09

I will give that a try...
rw40

Topics: 1

Postby Fissure UK » 16 Mar 2018, 03:52

I have started using a  Qtip to get the ointment exactly where I want it just inside.
Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7