Protein

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Protein

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 12:05

Kim,
How long since surgery?

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 12:09

I have a DRs appointment Friday. I have been on Dialtem (sp) for a month now and so far so good. Again my diet change has a lot to do with it too. What is weird is I never had any blood and my bowel movements were never painful. It was after the movements hours after that would just sting like the dickens!.....Warm baths at night were and still are great and I usually sleep pain free.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Apr 2008, 12:22

Hope it goes well with your appointment. I had my surgery in Dec 2006. I healed in six weeks.
There is often no pattern to the pain, like you say.
BG, I drink the nut-flavored ensure, it is delicious! I know, it's a granny drink, but works for me --my wife isn't around to cook for me much!
And Janis, I apologize for your thread getting hijacked like this! :oops:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 12:26

Janis,
Sorry too. I dont know the proper protocal for this!
Tom

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Apr 2008, 16:14

Protein sources - protein shake drinks with added fiber or even free amino acids (molecules that make proteins)- come in a pill, worked for me while I had fissure.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 23 Apr 2008, 16:30

also quinoa is a really good source of protien AND fiber. And best yet, it is easy to cook. Just pop it in a rice cooker and it cooks like rice.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 25 Apr 2008, 17:22

j1
I eat chicken, fish and eggs in moderation. Fish is the best becuase it digests the best. Protein is also found in beans yum! Just eat everything in small portions and like Kim said chew chew chew.
Patty

Postby mlsohm » 25 Apr 2008, 20:50

To all board members.It's been a year ago that I joined. That was one of the best things that I have done. I got a fissure in November 2006 after a colonoscopy and had bleeding and the worst pain that I ever had. The Doc told me to use nitro for a week and if that didn't do it he would do a LIS. That is when I found this site and read a lot of GREAT info here. I went back in a week and it was better but I suffered till June of 2007. The info that I got here is what saved me. I used nitro, no head aches, and watched my diet. Only had one setback and that was Sept 8th when I ate too much of the wrong food at a party. It can be done without LIS but if mine ever comes back I'm going to do LIS. I suffered too long. I haven't added much to this forum but check in almost every night.Thanks again everybody! You are the greatest!!!!! MLS
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Apr 2008, 19:52

Well that is an encouraging story and I hope it inspires lots of people struggling to heal on their own! No need to lurk, it sure is great to hear of your success! Here's hoping it doesn't come back!Image
Deleted User 5