Fissure Tear Infection

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure Tear Infection

Postby Candyfloss1 » 22 Jul 2018, 22:10

Hi All,

I am new to this site, and think its great that people are being so open and honest about this health condition, as from my experience prior to getting my fissure tear I was not even aware of what a fissure tear was! And from listening to some equally ignorant people in my workplace speaking about fissures there are some weird and wonderful theories on how a person can get one! I think it would be great if there was more awareness about fissures in doctors surgerys etc so that people aren’t completely dumbfounded like i was if they are ever unlucky enough to get one.

I am in my late 30s and have never had anything like fissures or even piles before. The only thing which i have always had is severe constipation which no amount of dietary changes have ever managed to resolve. I do now take Senokot on a daily basis which helps somewhat.

So about 9 months ago i began experiencing excruciating pain when opening my bowels, i had no clue what it was so assumed it was piles, and started using piles medicines no end. I eventually gave up when i had experienced no improvement and saw my GP who educated me on fissures and gave me some ointment called Rectogesic, i used this for several months and in fairness it did help a considerable amount but not enough to restore a permanently good quality of life. My GP then referred me for botox injections and i had my first round recently. They also removed a huge tag and stitched me up at the same time. After a couple of weeks i didnt feel quite right so went for a checkup with my GP who advised that i now have an infection in my fissure.

Firstly i am really confused as to why i have the infection as i am very careful to wash thoroughley after opening my bowels and am generally quite a clean person i.e. changing my underwear atleast once daily etc. Secondly this is such an imbarrasing thing to have as i smell really bad despite bathing and showering up to 4 times a day and constantly washing all of my bedding etc.
The GP has now given me another ointment to use called Rozec but i cant say i have noticed any improvements from using it yet.

So I wondered really if anyone has any advice on what i could do to treat this infection? Anything which may have worked well for anyone else perhaps?

Thanks for reading.
Kind Regards, Candyfloss1
Candyfloss1

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure Tear Infection

Postby hurtinend » 23 Jul 2018, 10:55

for the constipation have you tried buffered vitamin c powder with magnesium, works wonders for most people:

https://www.amazon.ca/Effervescent-Vita ... dpSrc=srch
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Candyfloss1 » 23 Jul 2018, 20:01

Hi,

I take vitamin c from time to time in a multivitamin but not the one you mention.

I shall give it a go.

I was given some antibiotic tablets today too so i’m hoping they will help my infection

Thanks very much for your post.
Kind Regards, Candyfloss1
Candyfloss1

Topics: 1

Postby hurtinend » 23 Jul 2018, 20:22

I tried many things but this works the best by far. You can read details here:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2 ... ef/Page-02
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby mmklinemm » 24 Jul 2018, 06:39

Another option to help with the infection is applying manuka honey to your fissure. It's messy and sticky, but it works wonders in helping to heal wounds.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13