Embarrassing odor

Anal discharge since my surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Embarrassing odor

Postby marksaxton » 03 Aug 2018, 05:45

I had surgery for a peri anal abcess about 10 yrs ago. Every thing came out fine except for the constant fishy malodorous anal leaking.
The occurances vary, but I have it more often than not. It has become an embarrassment.
Do I need to have another surgery on the fissure? Will it help? If you suffer from the same condition, I'd like to hear you story and any success you may have had re; treatment. ....
marksaxton

Topics: 1

Re: Embarrassing odor

Postby ifeelsogross » 08 Aug 2018, 14:38

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this problem for so long. I had the same thing happen to me tbh, and I actually walked out of my job because of the embarrassment of it...

Can you smell it on yourself? And when it happens, do you feel wetness like sweat near where the fissure is? I noticed when people were reacting to me, my fissure would always feel wet, and the smell would still be there even after cleaning it with wet wipes :oops: . I'm thinking the discharge or leakage was stuck inside the anus making it impossible to clean with just wipes alone.

What helped me a lot was taking warm baths after every BM. And before I left the house everyday I'd use a shower hose attachment and jet spray cool water up my anus to make sure there wasn't any stuff left in me that might leak out later. Not pleasant at all! But I was desperate for anything that would work.

Have you seen a doctor since then about this problem? Do you think there's a possibility you might have an infection, like maybe C. Diff or something that causes the odor?

I hope you're able to find a solution soon!
ifeelsogross

Topics: 1