Healing time?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing time?

Postby Okaybum » 27 Oct 2018, 23:14

Ok, so I have a chronic fissure since May. Well technically the GP said it was not even a fissure but a tiny external blood vessel tear with no hemmies.

It's definitely a little papercut on the very end part of my anal canal, which surprisingly never bled when I first tore it. It did with retears that would occur every 2-3 weeks.

Well it's been almost 5.5 weeks with no retears. It has been sore or stung a little bit from time to time just generally, not during a BM.

I've taken movicol and coloxyl and keep things so soft they're barely formed. No pain whatsoever.

Well this past Friday I enjoyed a burger and fries and haven't had my usual salad at lunch. BM was small, thin, but formed and it stung a little like if it's been any bigger I would retear. It was a generalised stinging so not specific to the fissure.

So how long do chronic fissures take to heal? I hope I'll be able to poop more solidly one day. I will be seeing a nurse on 7 Nov to discuss options for my AF. originally it was to get a dietitian referral but I know what sets it off. Beef and potatoes and little veg. I'm really hoping I'll get a referral as my GP just shrugs her shoulders and says she doesn't know what else to do.

5 weeks is doing good yeah? Maybe it'll actually heal?
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Re: Healing time?

Postby North West Jen » 25 Nov 2019, 01:00

Hello! This post has been a while. How are you doing now?
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Okaybum » 25 Nov 2019, 01:35

Much better now. I still get irritation and burning occasionally, but I think I'm mostly healed for the actual fissure.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 25 Nov 2019, 01:38

Solid bm do not hurt it anymore which is wonderful. I'm still pretty traumatized so I take my movicol, benefiber etc. But less than I took last year at this time. I'll continue to reduce it
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist