Question about multiple fissures

multiple fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Question about multiple fissures

Postby ezra » 04 Nov 2018, 00:06

Hi, I’m seeking advice and was hoping maybe someone can help me. I was just curious if anyone else has multiple fissures and does not have some underlying cause such as chrons, ibs or something worse. I have 2 fissures, at one point it felt like 3. I have one at 9 o’clock and the other at 3 o’clock. I read that if you have fissures in these locations it can be something bad. I guess my question is does anyone have fissures here and not have something more than just fissures? Also, is it normal to have a lot of itching and a dull pain when standing for long periods of time? Any input is much appreciated. This has just recently happened to me over the course of the last year. I went to a colorectal surgeon who performed a rectal exam and said everything feels fine but he would like me to do a colonoscopy to be safe, so now i’m terrified.
ezra

Topics: 1

Re: Question about multiple fissures

Postby Okaybum » 04 Nov 2018, 03:29

Last year I had 2 anal fissures in the 9 and 3 position caused by stress and a had BM. It remained acute and healed within a couple months. My GP only instructed me to take movicol for 6 weeks, though I think I was on it for 10-12 before weaning myself. I found those to be fairly easy fissures to heal. I would lean forward to help things. I think mine at the 12 o' clock position is more problematic
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8