Blind ending sinus tract

Anyone had one of these

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Blind ending sinus tract

Postby Deleted User 6698 » 29 Oct 2018, 07:40

A blind ending sinus tract of 25mm was discovered on my mri scans a few years ago. I had no knowledge of any symptoms although I have had numerous issues with that part of my anatomy. The CRS treating me at the time really didn’t seem too bothered about the finding as it was noted by the radiographers that there was no evidence of any anal fistula. Occasionally I feel sharp pains in that area but have never had it confirmed that it is from the tract itself.
Anybody had one of these and had no problems with it?
Deleted User 6698

Re: Blind ending sinus tract

Postby Deleted User 6698 » 15 Nov 2018, 09:49

Does anyone know whether a sinus tract can continue growing or cause further problems? To my knowledge it has no external opening, CRS has checked a few years ago and it seems I have had this for years without knowing how it developed. I’m just trying to understand as much as possible about sinus tracts because drs and CRS haven’t really explained whether this could continue to grow. Without any significant symptoms it is unlikely I could get scanned or an appointment with CRS. The internet has details of fistulars but not blind ended sinus tracts.
Deleted User 6698

Postby chachacha » 15 Nov 2018, 14:33

My guess is that you didn't try Google Scholar? I did a quick search and it seems that a blind ended sinus tract is a pilonidal sinus, and I'm pretty sure that they have been discussed here. Not all of the search results are what you are looking for, but hopefully, a few will fit your bill. Good luck!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 6698 » 15 Nov 2018, 17:26

Thank you chachacha. No I hadn’t searched Google Scholar. I have had a look at think I can get stuck into some reading now. Thanks for your help.
Deleted User 6698

Postby fistulotomy1984 » 08 Mar 2019, 00:33

Sinus tract are difficult to deal with if you read some journals. Removal of my sinus tract without finding an internal opening is risk factor for recurrent fistula. Better find someone who knows what they are dealing with to have sufficient debridment and drainage.
fistulotomy1984
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1