Post LIS swelling

Post LIS swelling

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS swelling

Postby Bammon » 06 Nov 2018, 19:43

I finally had my LIS surgery yesterday. I’ve been a fly on the wall in these forums for the longest time but finally logged in to say hello.

I totally put off surgery like the stubborn male I am. But after about a year of using the medicines with no success I reluctantly scheduled my LIS.

Surgery went fine. I even had a hemroid removed and a skin tag as well removed.

But to my surprise a lump about the size of a small grape is protruding from my anus. Scared the heck out of me when I noticed it after my first bath and shower post surgery. Doctors office said it is swelling and to not worry about it. It is very tender to the touch.

Any thoughts on this little surprise I got going down there?
Bammon

Topics: 1

Re: Post LIS swelling

Postby Thorgrim » 06 Nov 2018, 20:49

Congratulations on the surgery, I am 25 post op and thus far not regretting it. My ass was somewhat swollen the first day after surgery, but went down quickly, swelling is normal though, I would only worry if you start to have symptoms of an infection and then get to your doctor asap- things like a fever or massive pussy drainage, but it seems too soon from surgery for that to happen. If you had a hemorrhoid removed that will prolong your heal time and make things more tender down there. I was very diligent with ice packs for 5-7 days after surgery- but one on the outside of my underwear for 3 minutes 3-5 times a day, I believe it helped a lot, and felt really good. Also did 3 baths a day. In three to four weeks you will be feeling pretty good, so keep your head up!
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby hopeful87 » 15 Nov 2018, 23:17

Bammon wrote:I finally had my LIS surgery yesterday. I’ve been a fly on the wall in these forums for the longest time but finally logged in to say hello.

I totally put off surgery like the stubborn male I am. But after about a year of using the medicines with no success I reluctantly scheduled my LIS.

Surgery went fine. I even had a hemroid removed and a skin tag as well removed.

But to my surprise a lump about the size of a small grape is protruding from my anus. Scared the heck out of me when I noticed it after my first bath and shower post surgery. Doctors office said it is swelling and to not worry about it. It is very tender to the touch.

Any thoughts on this little surprise I got going down there?

thank's for sharing your exp. , i just did my surgery 2 days ago, pain is getting better except for after BM , i get worst pain ever then it goes back after like 10 mins , i also feel the sphincter isnt as much tight as before but is still tighter than before i get the fissure , so is going to get better by time , or will it stop there . i also feel and see that small lump ..did it go away yet ?
fissure diagnosed : 2013
LIS :13 Nov 2018
hopeful87
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby FissureLegend » 18 Nov 2018, 10:35

Trust the doctors, but my guess is that the protrusion is from the hemorrhoid removal? Unless your CRS performed a large fissurectomy too, then there was no actual operation inside your anus in regards to the LIS. The LIS is an incision outside the anus, which does get a little swollen and hard to the touch. I had a fissurectomy (CRS scrapped off the built up scar tissue/skin tag) and LIS but didn't have anything protruding from my anus during recovery.

Glad to hear you agreed to the surgery, you have your life back now.
FissureLegend
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2