Needing guidance (mostly for my own head)

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Needing guidance (mostly for my own head)

Postby Illicit_action » 03 Dec 2018, 07:17

Well here goes. I've been dealing with what I believe is a tear in a fissure I've had for years (10+) I can remember having a sentinel tag at least that long. No pain like what is described on here ( I feel for you guys) but occasionally I'll pass a large bm that takes my breath away. Since the beginning of the year I've been experiencing bleeding off an on, sometime a month or two will go by without any blood, but my stool size has been getting smaller and smaller, initially I thought colon cancer and believe you me I agonized over it.

But I've had normal sized bm's intermittently (which I'm told precludes any rectal abnormalities). I've had a full spectrum of blood work and a CT scan at my local ER which showed zip, plus when the doctor did a digital exam, my anal canal felt almost normal for a few days (dilation?)

Bottom line up front? What say you internet? Does it sound like a chronic tearing of the fissure caused/ is causing scar tissue buildup? I appreciate anyone who answers. Thanks guys and gals.
Illicit_action

Topics: 2

Re: Needing guidance (mostly for my own head)

Postby patience_and_healing » 04 Dec 2018, 02:25

It could be a fissure or it could be your pelvic floor. A colorectal doctor would be the best person to diagnose if it's a fissure. Usually it can be diagnosed without any scoping, because patients are already in so much pain and spasm. One can't make conclusions about scar tissue unless the doctor can actually see it. Sometimes internal papilla can form above a fissure and these are also painful.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40