Multiple recurring fissures.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Multiple recurring fissures.

Postby Jimoffy » 03 Jan 2019, 02:24

Hey everyone I'm back again. Have been suffering with anal fissires since 20 non stop, I'm 25 now. I first had what I believe to be a fissure back when I was 18, I had a hemorrhoid and continued to do a few hard poops, ended up with severe pain when pooping and small amounts of blood on paper, with spasms and deep burning that lasted hours after.
This went on for 6 weeks, i didn't do anything or change my diet because at the time I assumed it was just a bad hemorrhoid, didn't know about fissures. I've always had problems with hemorrhoids but they never later more than a week. After 6 weeks I finally went to the bathroom and was painless, it somehow went away for years.

Anyway 3 years later when I was 20, I got a hemorrhoid again, nothing unusual, but once again the hemorrhoid went but was left with horrible pain when pooping and the spasms after. Figured out they were anal fissures about 2 years ago after ignoring the pain for the first 3 years.
Had a. Colonoscopy after seeing a crs last year this time, got the all clear and was diagnosed with a healed anal fissure. I've been on movicol for the last 2 years, so I can be painless for a month or so, until i do a poop that's slightly harder than toothpaste consistency. I will get pain instantly, but it always seems like it's in a new spot?

Originally my fissure was on thee left side at 9pm, then I got one on the opposite side at 3, healed them with movicol, and now I have one at about 7oclock, sometimes 11oclock or 1 o'clock, I just seem to get recurring fissures, in different spots each time.

My question is, has anyone else had problem with recurring fissures, feels like they're off midline? And why are they so easy to tear nowadays? Is movicol making my butt hole smaller because I'm almost always pooping soft and any slightly larger one rips me a new one? Surgeon recommends botox first, I've tried gtn and diltiazm, only helped with spasm. It never cured me. Will I ever be able to poop without pain? Without relying on movicol? This is ruining my life. I'm 25, male.
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Multiple recurring fissures.

Postby Abu » 03 Jan 2019, 13:18

Hi Jim, we are all so very different. You are very young and normally your body should be able to heal by itself.
The thing with these AFs is that you need to build strength in that tissue and this is hard to do if you keep your stools soft all the time. On the other hand, if you don;t do this then you get re-tears - so it;s a vicious circle.
Only few people manage to escape this, and this is done in time - think years!

I myself do not believe that it is possible to ever get back to how the anus was before the AF - so we, the unfortunate ones which experienced this issue, don;t have too many choices. We either need to rely on laxatives for the rest of our lives OR risk a surgery - with all its possible bad outcomes.
It's a matter of choice - depending on how much it bothers you to tend to your anus more than anything else in your life. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but the experience tought me that there is no easy way out.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby missy moo » 03 Jan 2019, 14:14

Hi I recommend trying Botox first I had it 10months ago for my 5 year old fissure and it has helped but I still get hard stools from time to time and I see blood an feel pain the fact that your feeling pain in different areas I would say because the anus is full of nerves and it my radiate making the pain be felt all over I also took movical for years I've recently stopped and have started experimenting with magnesium my crs said you want normal stools not soft not hard you want to use the anus as it is intended or else like you said it gets use to non normal tooth paste stools and can't handle normal stools have a look at the Bristol chart to see what normal is creating normal is a different story but try cut things out of your diet 1 a week see if you can find the culprit an remember dry/hard in dry/hard out I try to only eat foods that have water in them my no no foods are-
Bread
Crackers
Chips
Dairy
Baked goods
Cereals
I try to only eat foods of the earth that hasn't been touched but it's easier said then done. Good luck
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Jimoffy » 03 Jan 2019, 19:47

I've tried everything from metamucil to movicol, metamucil made my poos soft but bulky, resulting in more tearing. Has anyone else had multiple fissures that weren't on the midline, that was fixed with botox or Lis? I'm up for anything I'm sick of being worried to poop at work every day
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 03 Jan 2019, 20:51

Go and see a crs they mite offer you lis
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Jimoffy » 05 Jan 2019, 21:40

My crs is ready to do botox, said if that doest work last resort is Lis. I forgot to mention that I get them in different places all around my anus, each time lasting around 2 weeks until they heal, in movicol everyday, my fissures are not midline, not at the moment anyway which is why I'm worried. But colonoscopy said I was fine..
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Postby MarkM » 27 May 2019, 10:01

Jim, how you doing now
MarkM
Salt Bather

Topics: 3