Major itching

Itching and fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Major itching

Postby sandiego1118 » 10 Jan 2019, 22:15

Hi everyone!
TIA to all who contribute on this forum. It’s so helpful to have a place to go when you’re feeling down over constant rectal issues.
Some history. When I was nursing my daughter 3 years ago I guess the anxiety and dehydration lead me to have a bad fissure. I saw a CRS at UCSD and she gave me diltiazem and I was on my way to feeling better finally. After that bout, I would still have maybe 1-2 times a year a bad case of constipation with bleeding, followed by bleeding and pain for some days and then back to normal. I have a skin tag as well.
For the last several weeks I have had MAJOR itching. I’m seeing my primary next week but it seems to have started when I tried to use the diltiazem again. So now I’m pretty sure I have an active fissure and I have itching that’s unbearable, it’s not just on the anus but the skin around it as well. I tried my old rectiv last night and the itching is again back full force so I don’t think I can use those creams anymore at all and I’m not sure what to do. AND I’m pregnant. My GI gave me clearance to stay on miralax throughout the pregnancy to avoid constipation but I’m just wondering if anybody has any idea why things got so itchy. And I’m just feeling down wondering if I’m going to spend the rest of my life with some pain in my rectum.
sandiego1118

Topics: 2

Re: Major itching

Postby Thorgrim » 12 Jan 2019, 15:27

I got a rash from calmoseptine, it was crazy itchy. An antihistamine, specially Allegra helped it go away. Benadryl can constipate so if you are looking for some relief try Allegra, and then stop using the creams. Nefidipine might not make you itch as much. I had LIS and have recovered okay, but I am still really itchy sometimes.
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Major itching

Postby sean530 » 13 Jan 2019, 03:29

i had a crazy itching a while ago. Skin guy diagnosed it as a fungal infection gave a ton of meds and i was fine. so maybe its that
sean530
Salt Bather

Topics: 9