Second opinion : (

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Second opinion : (

Postby happyass » 14 May 2008, 21:03

hi fissy,
sounds like you got it all under control and a good explanation of what things are like down there so you can better deal with it.
my CRS doesn't recommend skin tag removal so it is good that you are not getting it removed after all.
it's a shame that there is a second fissure but again, you have gone through the drills and know what to do to get you back to a happy butt.
welcome to the tight ass club!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 01:06

Aaaawe guys Image , thanks for understanding.
Jen - thanks for acknowledging that I have the world's tightest ass Image ! It would definitely be my "power" if I would be in "The Incredibles" LOL. They wold cast me as "Super Bum" and I would be able to crash anything with my butt and blow away any building and such with my ...oh well - gas Image Maybe I should change my "user name" ; )) !
Gareth - you are right - I know the drill and now I am dealing better with it all and I am grateful that my pain is not at the level where it was last year (knock the wood) ! Thanks for telling me that info about the tag Image
Juney - I would be probably able to see my fissure but I don't feel like stretching anything down there - my butt was probed and poked so much this week that it s enough for this century :pale:
LOVE TO ALL - Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 15 May 2008, 03:20

Hi Fiss,
Hope you are feeling less shell shocked today :'\;redbud:
Just too chime in on skin tags i had one years back with my first fissure i really thought it would never go down, my doctor said it would and given time it did ...it is very small now ...the size of a very small pip and dosent cause me any problems,
The tag i have just now has also reduced in size...the size of a squashed pea now Image but i would say only recently i have noticed the tag shrinking, i use aloe vera for the tag it really does help for the swelling,
My doctor suggests not to remove mine either and after your explaination of the skin tag it all makes common sense really.
Sending you lots of healing vibes Image
Take care
x

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 14:27

Thanks Tabby for additional info :truebud: ! It seems that it is best to leave them alone if not infected or something like that. They definitely do shrink - this one was big after surgery than went down to 1/3 of its original size- almost negligible , I was even tempted to try wearing tong again Image !!!
Today I am still in disbelief that all this is happening all over again Image, but I have to be grateful that it does not hurt that much - I suppose LIS helped there enormously - I have no other explanation Image . Before the
LIS I was totally incapacitated - I stayed in bad most of the time and could not even walk without horrible pain - not to mention anything else :( . So, even though I HATE that this happened I have to look at the bright side. I can live with this plague and have a normal life Image BUT, I have to get rid of it Image ! I have to be able to travel to other countries and not worry about availability of MOM or Metamucil Image !
Hope you are doing great today Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 15 May 2008, 14:54

Thanks Fiss
That is absolutely the right attitude :)
Be really really good to yourself and hopefully this fissure will be short lived
x

Postby juney » 15 May 2008, 15:07

that's a great attitude fiss!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 15:11

Love you guys Image Image :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 17 May 2008, 06:39

Fissy!!
I am so sorry dear. :( I am catching up today on all the posts. Listen don't let this get you down. You know what to do girl get in that tub and do up your diet and creams. I wish I could be there with you. It can be frustrating when two different CRSs tell you two different things. I understand completely. The second CRS is right that skin tag will shrink as the AF heals. Mine is real small now compared to last year. I went to a general surgeon before my CRS last year and all he did was look at my bottom saw the skin tag and said you have a fissure, he did not even touch me. That is why I looked for my CRS I have now and he is great. Don't get discouraged, I know you can do this! :hug2:
:yogogirl:
Patty