Pile query

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Pile query

Postby Ow1984 » 25 Feb 2019, 06:35

Does anyone know how long piles can be visible or felt. Had my GP feel who couldn't feel anything this was 19 days after last episode. Consultant then felt 5 days later and couldn't feel anything. 5 days later t nothing again. I have since felt something sticking out my anus that feels like it pops back up. I've also had a sigmoidoscopy during th e consultant visit which seen a fissure.

Could it be that 3 weeks when they viewed the piles had gone down enough and disappeared?
Ow1984
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Pile query

Postby Fissure UK » 29 Feb 2020, 07:09

:smilyhug: Hi,
You could feel something 'sticking out'. The docs could not detect anything around 3 weeks later. My guess is it could be the early stages of piles.

Piles are stretched veins. I knew nothing about the prevention years ago, and like many others we have paid the price years down the road.

This is an opportunity for you.  Changing the diet, drinking more water, eating plenty of fruit & veg, incorporating plenty of fibre   and don't lift weight that is too heavy. Exercise regularly. Never strain in the toilet-that's when the damage occurs. Poke it out with your finger if need be. Prevention is better than cure.

Finally, if the suspected pile appears again, take a few selfies using your phone-a picture speaks a thousand words, as they say. It is not the easiest thing to do but it is doable, and you will have something to present to the docs.

Fissure UK
Salt Bather

Topics: 7