Living with chronic superficial anal fissures

Coping with it is hard

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Living with chronic superficial anal fissures

Postby kikaida » 09 May 2018, 14:44

I have been dealing with chronic superficial anal fissures for 3 years. I can't get the LIS surgery because my CRS said I am not a candidate for the surgery because my anal fissures are not severe enough to warrant surgery and insurance won't cover it. Also like I stated in previous posts since I had 3 years of anal wart surgeries back in the 90s I do have a lot of thinning of the skin in the anal area which is another factor why the CRS will not do the LIS on me. I get anal fissures about once every month or so and it comes and goes. The pain is not that bad but it is discomforting. The CRS did say to me that the risk of surgery for me does out way the benefits. Acceptance is the hardest thing for me to deal with. Knowing I may have to live with this for the rest of my life makes me depressed. Anyone can relate?
kikaida
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Living with chronic superficial anal fissures

Postby IWantANewButt » 10 May 2018, 04:42

Hey, hope you’re feeling okay. I’m not in the same situation, but I feel I can relate a little because they won’t give me lis either, I’m young (female) so they won’t offer me the lis yet because they believe I’m at a higher risk of incontinence if I have kids. Which sucks because I’m in pain. Are you able to go to another CRS and get a second opinion? I think it always helps to get an extra perspective on things.

Btw I hope you are having a good day
IWantANewButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Apr 2019, 07:52

I’m in the same boat, sorry late to your post. I often get minor superficial fissures that are like paper cuts and don’t actually bleed. I’m just as depressed and don’t really know what to do.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Faraway mommy » 04 Apr 2019, 08:33

Hello, guys.
It seems that I am with you. I got my fissure (or I think fissures, cause I feel them?, but doctor saw only one, and only during the second visit).
Pain isn’t so strong, sometimes bleeding. Two doctors are offering me only conservative therapy, cause I’m breastfeeding now.

Not dying, but never healed. It started after partum. And I don’t see the light in the tunnel(((
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Faraway mommy » 04 Apr 2019, 08:36

Just wanted to ask. If you take PEG (miralax) how much, do you take? I mean grams?
Faraway mommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1