Help!!! Increasing issues following tag removal

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby Megasorearse » 25 May 2019, 10:44

My sentinel tag was removed 8 days ago by a cosmetic Dr. Nhs refused to refer me and the procedure cost £280. The surgeon done a good job at removing the tag but as he's not a CRS, he knew nothing about fissures or the hypertrophic papilae which has inflamed and grown along with the exposed fissure.
I'm taking GTN but I doubt it will work as the papilae appears to be preventing healing and is making it worse. I'm devastated and at a loss about what to do. I wish I knew all this info before selecting a cosmetic Dr for memoval.
I'm making an urgent app on monday and will demand gp to refer me for an urgent evaluation by a CRS. Is it likely they'll do that?
I'm scared about the possibility of a spincher op. Hoping that removal of papilae will help fissure to heal. I feel massively let down by the NHS for imposing the same policy of skin tags for sentinel tag/fissures. If I had been referred to CRS the tag removal would have been more complete.
I'm only 31, in otherwise great health and shape but this psycholigically :smilyhug: and physically destroying me.
X
Megasorearse

Topics: 1

Re: Help!!! Increasing issues following tag removal

Postby Pherianne » 26 May 2019, 06:29

it took me months to get a referral. They make you exhaust non surgical options to see if it would heal without it.

Do you have private medical cover ? That might be a route to go.

Otherwise, book an appointment with a different doctor and speak to them rationally ( not that you aren’t) About the next steps in your care. They need to arrive at the conclusion that they cannot assist you any further and they need to refer you.

You should only be on GTN for 8 weeks. So I suggest finishing the course ( if you’re not having adverse side effects) and then speaking to them.
Pherianne
Salt Bather

Topics: 6