Day 15 of zero spasms

Going on my 5th month of fissure frustration

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Day 15 of zero spasms

Postby tightbutt5678 » 13 Jun 2019, 03:59

Update: Didn't have time to drink the coffee which was annoying. Went to the loo right after prune juice.
- BM was dryer than usual but still around pain level 1 right after
- culprits are most likely: 2 bananas instead of one, lowered miralax dosage, drank less water

I really wanted to try an olive oil enema before going but the BM came fast after the prune juice so might try tomorrow if there's time. I feel like injecting oil should let things slide out better after lubing with vaseline. In my mind this seems like the best way to let things exit but I feel like I never have time to properly try it. Let's see tomorrow...

Current feelings:
- Am getting more comfortable with the idea of surgery. Feeling confident that I can recover quickly with all the tools I've aquired from trying to heal naturally
- I might try infrared light therapy?
- I might see a homeopath or some alternative doc in the meantime to see if they can offer anything I haven't considered yet.
- Feeling more relaxed each day. I have mini *almost* panic attacks here and there but I am getting better at stopping them in their tracks and getting on with the day. Meditation and reading a book about mindfulness is really helpful too!
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Day 15 of zero spasms

Postby tightbutt5678 » Yesterday, 03:51

Day 26 of zero spasms

Can't believe it has been so long without spasms now! It has been almost a month but I haven't noticed improvement within the month, unfortunately.

- BM today was soft and small but still pain level 1 shortly afterwards
- I need to remember to try the oil enema before BM
- The only times I ever had slippery, smooth-edge BMs were when I used melilax micro-enemas to create the urge to go. I don't think it's healthy to use these on a daily basis but I think homemade micro-enemas with olive oil/coco oil should be fine? Will try next time before a BM if the urge isn't urgent.
- I am going to make some phone calls about surgery tonight! I am feeling more and more confident about LIS with the research I've done. Feeling confident that this might be the final answer to getting fully healed.
tightbutt5678
Salt Bather

Topics: 7