When to take all the vitamins/supplements?

Dosing and timing

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

When to take all the vitamins/supplements?

Postby woeisme » 08 May 2019, 03:47

Hey All!

I want to know the best time of day and combination of supplements to take to promote healing of an AF. I am currently taking magnesium citrate, turmeric, fish oil, vitamin c, super B complex, and a multivitamin. Is magnesium citrate supposed to be taken on an empty stomach? Is there any combination of the vitamins listed above that you would try? I currently take a magnesium citrate in the morning with 3 turmeric, the vitamin C and super B complex at lunch, and another magnesium citrate and fish oil with dinner. I was taking horse chestnut for 6 weeks but stopped recently as I think it is a vasorestrictor and wasn't helping my AF heal. I also take 1 colace at lunch (the non stimulating variety) and a cap full of miralax before bed. I have no problems having a movement (usually twice a day) and my BMs are soft. Any recommendations you can provide would be much appreciated!
woeisme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: When to take all the vitamins/supplements?

Postby Savaici » 22 Jun 2019, 11:30

My suggestion, from previous experience, is to look on the internet and follow the instructions for each one. Also, take a look at the SIMILAR TOPICS below the post. Hope that helps! :D
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: When to take all the vitamins/supplements?

Postby Ani » 23 Jun 2019, 15:17

Labdoor has written a guide to supplement timing which includes the supplement you take. I totally understand that you want to take supplements to make sure that you're not deficient in something, but most of them are probably not necessary. It can even be harmful when you take too much of certain vitamins like B6. Make sure, for example, that your multivitamin and B-complex don't contain more than 25mg of B6
20/01: Slowly healing fissure-like wound due to surgery
11/03: Started Diltiazem.
07/06: Barely any pain or blood, but it's not fully healed yet.
Ani
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4