When should I start to sit again, apply vaseline, exercise?

I am post LIS on day 3 and doing great!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

When should I start to sit again, apply vaseline, exercise?

Postby tightbutt5678 » 05 Jul 2019, 04:13

Day 3 post op and all is feeling great! No pain or soreness during the day, just pain level 1 with BMs so far.

I have some questions for post op:

- When should I start to sit normally again? I feel ok sitting at the moment but am just avoiding it to not put pressure on the area.

- When should I start to exercise a bit? Am dying to break out a sweat but am trying to rest and not aggravate the area.

- When could I potentially apply some vaseline or something neutral? I am doing lots of sitz baths and worried that the skin might get too dry and crack easily. Hopefully the LIS effect means the blood flow is great down there but I'd feel more comfortable maybe applying something after a few days...
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: When should I start to sit again, apply vaseline, exerci

Postby ap093 » 05 Jul 2019, 15:48

Hello tightbutt!
Nice to know you're doing well! I'll be undergoing surgery (LIS) in 4 days. May I ask you if the terrible sharp pain during defecation is gone? I mean, is the relief instantaneous? Or should I expect to feel exactly like post OP, for like some time before I start seeing improvements? Thanks!
ap093
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Jimoffy » 05 Jul 2019, 20:55

[quote="ap093"]Hello tightbutt!
Nice to know you're doing well! I'll be undergoing surgery (LIS) in 4 days. May I ask you if the terrible sharp pain during defecation is gone? I mean, is the relief instantaneous? Or should I expect to feel exactly like post OP, for like some time before I start seeing improvements? Thanks![/quote
Glad to hear your doing ok tight butt!! I’m in similar position, not much pain during the day but during and after bm I get pain. Maybe 5 out of 10 but doesn’t last too long. More from the incision site. And ap, my fissure pain reduced drastically after op, it is still there but no where near as bad as it was, I can mainly feel it when pooping and 10 minutes after. Lis pain is more of an ache, love it compared to fissure pain cause even just Panadol can relieve it!!
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby ap093 » 06 Jul 2019, 16:57

Are you guys both on a diet, or stool softeners? I'm on a soup diet + stool softeners since a month or so, I truly can't wait to go back eating like I used to before! I'm so tired of living this kind of "non life".
I'll undergo surgery Thursday morning, can't wait for this absolute nightmare to come to an end!
ap093
Fibre Addict

Postby tightbutt5678 » 06 Jul 2019, 19:18

Hey ap093! Post surgery it is MUCH better than before. Are you getting just LIS or also tag removal? These days when I go, the pain is around 1-2/10 which only lasts for some seconds after a BM. The rest of the day is totally pain free! I hope that I start having painless BMs soon. I am actually only on day 5 post op so it is early days. I have a large wound where the tag was removed so I was expecting a lot of pain but it's much better than before, seriously. Chances are you will have instant relief and then it'll keep improving from there.

And yes, I am on a strict diet with stool softeners but once I am healed, will gradually go back to a normal diet. This non life is indeed depressing and even though I was in minimal pain before surgery, I have zero doubts in my mind that this was the best chance I had at getting my normal life back. Good luck, you will be fine! :)
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ap093 » 06 Jul 2019, 19:33

Hello Tight!

I will have an anorectal manometry performed right before the surgery, to evaluate what kind of surgery fits me better. I'm super tight down there, so I guess a LIS will probably fits me perfectly. I don't have any skin tags, I was able to partially cicatrize the fissure during these months so it's technically still an acute one (bleeds and hurt like a b****h, unlikely a chronic one). it's great that you're feeling so much better! I'm happy for you :)
ap093
Fibre Addict

Postby tightbutt5678 » 06 Jul 2019, 19:34

Oh cool! If your fissure is still acute, your recovery should be very fast and easy, especially without the tag removal. Exciting! Let us know how you go!
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist