Tomorrow's the big day

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tomorrow's the big day

Postby Okaybum » 06 Jul 2019, 18:23

Tomorrow's the big day. I'll have a colonoscopy, a fissurectomy, and Botox. I've been mostly pain free to be honest. However, as soon as I have a slightly normal sized bm, it scrapes the area. It no longer retears. Im thinking things may be tight down there, possibly from too many retears or from keeping things too soft to almost diarrhea since November.

I'm still up in the air on my healing plan. It'll be gluten free, as that helped before, and full of veggies and fruits. Debating to add a fiber supplement along with my Movicol and Coloxyl as I don't want to have to keep diarrhea levels for ever.

Anyway wish me luck. I'm super nervous about it all and scared about the colonoscopy
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Re: Tomorrow's the big day

Postby Savaici » 07 Jul 2019, 11:10

Good luck with it all! Hope it all went well.
Let us know!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Tomorrow's the big day

Postby Okaybum » 08 Jul 2019, 02:22

Thanks so much! I can't speak highly of the colonoscopy prep ha. But colonoscopy was clear and fine. They found 2 hemorrhoids that they banded. My existing external fissure was healing well at the 6o clock position.

I did it!!! I made a promise I'd heal the darn thing so I didn't need the fissurectomy. I did not need a fissurectomy. However, today's events caused an acute fissure at the 12 o clock position. They did do Botox to heal up the chronic one fully and the new one..

My bum is sore like a fresh wound sore but all is ok. Strangely I had a BM (diarrhea) and it burned but it wasn't the glass shards feeling or anything. Pain is probably 5/10 during BM. Sitting is uncomfortable but not painful and laying is perfectly fine.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8