Ideal Meal Plans

Share your detailed meal plan that has worked for you!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Ideal Meal Plans

Postby tightbutt5678 » 27 Jun 2019, 23:48

So I have made extensive food diaries, tried a million different things and have made notes on what seems to work well for me! Please share yours too! It is important to remember that we all tolerate food differently so please don't get annoyed with me when I tell you that I've been eating things like eggs/rice. They are fine for me ;)

Looking forward to reading other plans! Include supplements or stool softeners too if you use them!

This is an example of a meal plan that gives me both sustenance as well as nice soft and small BMs (23g fibre) :

Breakfast:
Wholemeal oats with almond milk, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, 1 skinless pear, 1 boiled egg

Lunch:
Wholemeal rice, boiled potato eggplant mix, olive oil on top of rice dish, 1 egg, 1 vitamin C supplement

Between lunch and dinner: zinc supplement, l-lysine supplement, probiotic supplement

Snack: usually a ripe banana before some physical activity/workout

before dinner: shot of olive oil

Dinner: cod fish, wholemeal spaghetti with broccoli and potato mix, olive oil on top of pasta dish, 1/2 boiled beetroot
Immediately after dinner: 1 miralax in almond milk, 2 magnesium citrates (400mg), 1 cod liver oil supplement, small piece of dark choc , small yoghurt or kefir with some honey

Whole day drinking loads of water, herbal teas, coconut water too! Never any cold drinks.

- If BM doesn't come at the usual time, I make a warm prune juice, drink more warm water and sometimes a coffee too as it always helps to move things along. Most days are caffeine free though (sad face).

- I have an active job and lifestyle so I can't eat only fruits and veg like some people. I really need the protein and carbs but find that stool softeners avoid any constipation anyway!

- This plan makes me go just once a day for my BM. I tried other things but cannot handle 2 BMs in one day so I stick to this but vary it a little each day.
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Ideal Meal Plans

Postby Jess0121 » 12 Jul 2019, 12:31

Why don’t you take any cold drinks?
I am not currently taking any supplements but I see a lot of people taking Vit C, does this help with the healing process?

I am currently looking at my diet as I need to get my stools smaller, they are way too big and I don’t know how. I am not currently eating any pasta and hardly any bread, though my diet is meat heavy.
Jess0121
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby tightbutt5678 » 12 Jul 2019, 23:41

Hey Jess!

I read somewhere that cold drinks aren't the best for digestion so I just stopped having them. Vitamin C is supposed to be good for healing but also unsure of how much of a role it plays.

My stools became smaller when I reduced fibre intake and had smaller meals. I made sure I took stool softeners to keep things soft too. Meat isn't great for fissures, so I hear, but I was already vego/pescatarian so I don't have any direct experience with this.
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jess0121 » 13 Jul 2019, 08:01

Thank you! I will stop taking my fiber thins and eat smaller meals and see how that helps. Also going to try and cut down on my meat and increase fruit. Of course fruit and veggies have fiber as well so that’s the confusing part. Ugh it’s such a pain in the butt! Quite literally. Haha
Jess0121
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Abu » 13 Jul 2019, 08:39

The fiber in fruits and veggies is not that high compared to grains, seeds and legumes. You will be fine, don't worry.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby tightbutt5678 » 13 Jul 2019, 19:15

I'd highly recommend making a food diary and measuring fibre in grams. I found once I was getting around 20-23g per day, I had the best sized BM. I love lentils but I found that I had to give them a break for a bit because they are super high in fibre and I was also getting quite bloated having them in combination with other veggies and fruits. Everyone is different so it's great making a food diary to figure out what works best for you.
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 31 Jul 2021, 15:08

Jess0121 wrote:Thank you! I will stop taking my fiber thins and eat smaller meals and see how that helps. Also going to try and cut down on my meat and increase fruit. Of course fruit and veggies have fiber as well so that’s the confusing part. Ugh it’s such a pain in the butt! Quite literally. Haha

Hey don't know if you'd be interested in doing a low fodmap diet to figure out exactly what foods do an don't work with your body. I'm currently doing this diet and im finding it amazing really I've been doing it for 20 days an you never feel hungry or anything like that. Its i diet to remove all gut inflammation foods then you slowly add things back into your diet an yake not of any changes. At the end of it you'll have a small list or maybe just 1 think that causes you issues so you can then avoid it. Or you could try eliminate dairy for 1 wk see how you feel then do s week without gluten an see how you feel. I dietitian told me most people with digestive issues have a problem with either gluten or dairy maybe even both. You could try that first
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37