Coconut Oil or MCT Oil Topically - Question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Coconut Oil or MCT Oil Topically - Question

Postby hatethisfissure » 19 Jul 2019, 08:40

After much research, I have started with coconut oil after having Botox two weeks ago. I've read so many good things about it's healing properties. I originally bought the "pure, organic or unrefined type". This one is very hard to apply as it comes in a paste type form then melts immediately upon contact with skin. It makes a mess. So I went back to purchase "liquid coconut oil" and have found this to be much easier to apply. And it's not strong scented.
But upon more research, I've found that liquid coconut oil is basically MCT oil. Or processed. Does anyone know if MCT oil will have the same benefits topically as the unrefined type? Just curious as I want to make sure I'm suing the correct type of oil.
Thanks and wishing everyone a speedy healing from this devil that is called a fissure!!
hatethisfissure

Topics: 1

Re: Coconut Oil or MCT Oil Topically - Question

Postby tightbutt5678 » 25 Jul 2019, 22:06

Hi hatethisfissure! I'm not too sure about MCT oil but most people seem to suggest using extra virgin coco oil as it's the most natural form. I used it here and there and it smelled super nice but yes, it was messy :). Some people make suppositories so that you can insert the oil easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmmZK2D2huY

If you haven't already tried, applying vaseline before a BM is great to use as a barrier to reduce the stool scraping against the fissure. It was one of the best things for me!

Good luck :)
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17