Fissurectomy + botox + removal of skin tags

Post op surgery 6 days

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Fissurectomy + botox + removal of skin tags

Postby zaful » 22 Jul 2019, 04:07

Hi everyone,

I'm six days post-op surgery. Had a fissurectomy with botox and removal of skin tag. Although surgery was fine I do have alot of tiolet anxiety. Been signed off work for two weeks.

Sorry to be so graphic but the first BM was watery as hell so I cut back on the liquid laxatives they gave me from 45ml to 10ml. The following BM a day later was not great either. Painful and i had to take painkillers straight away as it was making me cry literally. After that ordeal, I've now settled at 20ml twice a day and it has given me what is considered a healthy one. I am drinking lots of water which has definitely helped! However my BMs have now slowed down. Every two days instead of everyday and it's giving me tiolet anxiety. The laxatives have only been prescribed for 7 days after the op and what if it is a hard stool?!

I can't return to work if I'm having a full on breakdown after a BM! Also I'm pretty sure sitting on hot water bottles might be a give away and disapproving!

Any tips on softening the stool naturally and what to expect in the second week? I'm eating lots of fibre but to be honest my interest in food has just gone a bit down hill since the op.

I was also an active gym goer pre-op and im a bit hesitant what I can do now when I do return to work. Is squatting and bum exercises out the question?! Might avoid some classes if that is the case!
zaful

Topics: 1

Re: Fissurectomy + botox + removal of skin tags

Postby tightbutt5678 » 25 Jul 2019, 22:12

Hey zaful!

I am about 3 weeks post-op (LIS with tag removal) and I am still on movicol and magnesium citrate to keep things soft as a precaution. Not sure what laxatives you were prescribed but most people seem to take osmotic laxatives like miralax and movicol for long periods of time with zero issues. Magnesium citrate is also amazing for softening stools. I take around 400mg of magnesium citrate at night plus one sachet of movicol. Works perfectly so zero toilet anxiety :).
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby zaful » 29 Jul 2019, 09:23

Hi tightbutt5678,

Thanks for the advice. I have now managed to have a lot softer BM. I currently have finished taking all my meds and this is day 14 post-op. Having to currently work from home as I have issues making it in time to the bathroom which is slightly embarrassing. I went to the doctor and they said unfortunately it is a side effect of the botox. Hopefully this eases off in the near future so I can travel into work without the worry. I have a stinging sensation after BM but for the last two days this has worn off pretty quickly.

Since changing my diet I've lost a little bit of weight. Just looking forward to be able to return to my normal work desk.
zaful

Topics: 1

Postby appleapple » 09 Aug 2019, 23:30

how's the recovery zaful? Hope it's going well =)
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5