LIS one week ago

LIS so far

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS one week ago

Postby purduealuminlou » 26 Jul 2019, 14:36

So I have had the LIS one week ago and it’s been mixed.

Early on I didn’t feel too bad, had some decent bowl movements without much pain and thought this would be similar to my hemroidectomy.

That was a mistake.

Wednesday I had a lot of pain as I think I overdid it and maybe torn some stitched. Took it very easy the next day and today had a painful bowel movement that is now calming down after 2 Sitz baths.

The perineal ice packs are a godsend I have used them quite a bit and for the pain I have been rotating tylonel and ibuprofen with hydrocodone at night.

I have my checkup on Monday, but I will say don’t do much of anything. Even today walking and moving was a bit painful.

Also I am wondering about using Epsom salts on my Sitz bath but I don’t want to have any burning.

Hopefully we can get more consistent and less pain next week.
purduealuminlou

Topics: 1

Re: LIS one week ago

Postby jis76 » 28 Jul 2019, 19:20

I had mine a week ago too, so far it's been pretty smooth.

I've been trying to not 'overdo' it, but it can be challenging right now as I feel pretty good (better than before the operation).

To answer your question on the Epsom salts... according to my doc, it doesn't matter, just make sure to keep taking the sitz baths.

Hope things keep improving for you
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: LIS one week ago

Postby purduealuminlou » 28 Jul 2019, 21:43

It’s going better. Today felt pretty good. Was more active today than the past few days.

Just keep matriculating.
purduealuminlou

Topics: 1