at the end of my tether

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

at the end of my tether

Postby hollyrc » 01 Nov 2019, 06:08

Hi all, I'm Holly, and although this is my first time (rather selfishly) posting, I've wandered these forums for the past year or so looking for tips and tricks. Although lately, I'm at my wits end.

I'm a 30 year old female and my problem with fissures started in early 2017. I got viral meningitis and shingles (on my butt :roll: )at the same time and was in hospital for about 2 weeks. When I came home, all of a sudden I was in agony going to the toilet. Tried all the usual creams, etc.

Fast forward 2 years (and another bout of shingles) and I've had 2 surgeries and was told I have 2 fissures.one was anal stretching (dialation??) around this time last year and then in August, I had LISS.

I really thought after LISS my problems would be solved, it seems to be the gold standard, right?

Not for me. After surgery, I immediately felt better and thought I was cured. That lasted about 2 weeks. Now I feel like I'm the worst I've ever been, and feel like I have a new fissure :cry:

I'm heartbroken, because any studies I've read on LISS seem to have a success rate of 95 is percent. I'm scared that there is nothing more that can be done for me and I'll have to live with this forever. It's really affecting my mental health and work and I just feel in constant pain.

I'm sorry for the long post, but if anyone has went through the same thing or could give me any advice, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Holly
hollyrc

Topics: 1

Re: at the end of my tether

Postby patience_and_healing » 03 Nov 2019, 16:36

Hey there, so sorry you are suffering with pain. Have you asked your surgeon what the next option could be for you? Some people on this board have had a second LIS and been cured through that. Another option to pursue is pelvic floor physical therapy. It's possible that the pain of shingles has resulted in long term muscle tension. Don't give up hope, the pain is awful but you will find the cure.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mamafizz » 04 Nov 2019, 00:20

hello, it does take time, it is an area that is ultra sensitive and the neuropathways remember the pain in a significant way, I have come along way and am pain free, I had botox and extremely long term muscle dysfunction but the cycle can be broken. Basically 3 steps... not sure if this applies to you , but you must absolutely must not be petrified or even remotely entertain the idea that it will never go away. First and foremost, the pain can be reduced in your mind where it originates, the affected area is holding the tension and is being complicated with fear. Releasing this idea and it takes tons of consistent practice. Finally keep going,, just keep doing your life the pain will not kill you, it will not disable you, it will eventually fade and I suffered for a long time, this is true. You will overcome it for sure...keep the faith.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hollyrc » 11 Feb 2020, 18:02

Hi guys, thank you for the advice! Unfortunately I am still suffering, waiting to see my CRS so hopefully that will be soon. Taking your advice and trying to remain hopeful and positive.

Thanks again,
Holly
hollyrc

Postby Bootifulaf » 07 May 2020, 14:57

It is the most disheartening pain. I don’t have any answers as I am dealing with post partum fissures... just came here to say I understand feeling like you’re at the end of your rope. You are not alone.
Bootifulaf
Fibre Addict