Fissurectomy vs LIS?

Fissurectomy vs LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissurectomy vs LIS?

Postby Paco » 16 Dec 2019, 08:23

Hi,

I have a chronical AF and after 2 years, I am thinking the possibility o having a first surgery. Here in Germany, as far as I know, they don't do LIS because of the risk of incontinence. Instead they do Fissurectomy because basically they claim that they don't touch the muscle. In other countries of the EU, they do LIS normally and avoid the Fissurectomy.

Could anyone give me advice on which one is better (Fissurectomy vs LIS)? and if anyone has had a Fissurectomy without Botox, what was the result and pain after operation?

Regards
Paco

Topics: 1

Re: Fissurectomy vs LIS?

Postby North West Jen » 31 Dec 2019, 02:13

Hello!
I live in the States and am having both LIS and fissurectomy on January 27th. I’ve read a lot of success stories on this forum of successful fissurectomy surgeries. My issue is that my internal muscle is tight and that’s the reason why I’m having LIS with a fissurectomy. My CRS said LIS is the gold standard of healing fissures by a success rate of 95% and incontinence is very low.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Re: Fissurectomy vs LIS?

Postby North West Jen » 31 Dec 2019, 02:18

I should also note that I’ve had Botox too a couple years ago. I was in more pain after than I thought I would be to be honest. But I also had a skin tag removed and I’ve read that is very painful. So, who knows, maybe it was the skin tag removal that was most painful. I don’t know. I was very bruised and sore for several days from all the shots (numbing and Botox). It took about 5 days for the spasms to go away (it can take up to 7 days for Botox to take effect). Between 3-4 weeks after, I started to feel really good down there and knew it was working.
North West Jen
Salt Bather