Anal pain and nifedipine

Fissure and hemmorhoid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal pain and nifedipine

Postby davminos » 30 Dec 2019, 14:29

I've been struggling off and on with anal pain which I think was a fissure, but not the same one. Even though the anterior anal area where the initial fissure happened still gets sore. On top of that, feels like a small hemorrhoid in posterior anal area has emerged over the last week. Been using the nifedipine for the past several weeks now and that does seem to help for the fissure. My question is does anyone have any experience with using the nifedipene for hemorrhoids?
Does it help hemorrhoids or is it only for fissures? I also find putting a little vaseline up there before bowel movement helps tremendously. Lastly, will the area of the healed fissure always be sore?

Thanks to anyone who can share their experiences on these questions and offer any answers. My CRS doesn't seem to be very helpful. Feeling sore most of the time for the past month I'm getting so tired of it. Especially when everything was going so well for several months.
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Anal pain and nifedipine

Postby North West Jen » 31 Dec 2019, 01:56

Hello l! And welcome!

The nifedipene will not heal a hemorrhoid. It only relaxes the muscle to allow a fissure to heal. If your cream has lidocaine in it, it may feel like it’s helping when in fact it’s just numbing it. Applying Vaseline or coconut oil will help protect the fissure while having a BM. One of my doctors advised me to do this. Healing a fissure can take a LONG time to heal when chronic (having it for 6+ weeks). Once fully healed, you should not feel it anymore. Remember to keep stools soft for a long time after it’s fully healed as the area may still be healing even if you don’t feel it anymore. Hope this helps.
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Anal pain and nifedipine

Postby davminos » 31 Dec 2019, 11:55

Thanks, one day at a time ... Appreciate your help.
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8