3 months after fissurectomy and LIS

healed but still have pain

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 months after fissurectomy and LIS

Postby gobbledeegoop » 10 Sep 2019, 12:38

at my 6 week check up, my CRS had a look and said both the incision and fissure had healed

however I'm still getting a slight sharp pain, sometimes, during a bm.

I have no pain/spasms after a bm, my only trouble is during a bm.

has anyone else had a similar experience and eventually became pain free? my CRS said it just needs more time
gobbledeegoop
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: 3 months after fissurectomy and LIS

Postby patience_and_healing » 14 Sep 2019, 00:40

Sorry you're still suffering with this. 6 weeks is not that long of a time frame and you likely need more time to be pain free. I suggest asking the doctor if it's ok to try massaging the area to help it get used to BMs.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby jis76 » 26 Sep 2019, 11:14

I am 2 months post lis, and I'm getting more dull pain after bms sometimes. Sometimes I'll get the same pain during the day, but it's minimal and only noticeable for a few minutes (nothing compared to pre-LIS).

I think it's just not a straight line to being entirely healed. Continue to take care of yourself and heal up.
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby ansi2019 » 11 Nov 2019, 14:59

3 months & 10 days post LIS & YES still feel something is still there ( Fissure or Tag Removed place). I barely feel it BUT still there, not painful to be honest. I feel don't feel it at all when my BM is softer than Tooth Paste. No pain or even feeling it after BM (which is more than great).
I suppose the 6 months mark is the best time to say if it a was successful LIS or not. Your diet is your cure man, keep that in mind even when you don't feel it at all during BM.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby ansi2019 » 07 Dec 2019, 15:38

gobbledeegoop wrote:at my 6 week check up, my CRS had a look and said both the incision and fissure had healed

has anyone else had a similar experience and eventually became pain free? my CRS said it just needs more time

Man, i'm 4 months but 2 days ago started to feel that sharp feeling you're talking about.
It's like the AF saying " i'm still here ", no pain after BM to be honest, no spasm, just feeling a lil bit tight. Probably it will take more time for me since it's chronic AF + 2nd degree hemorrhoid tag removed.
I suppose these ups & downs are part of the healing process.

Anyone of the old LISers had this can gives us an idea about this please.
I was so scared yesterday after that feeling during BM, used to feel it yeah, but not that sharp.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict

Postby gobbledeegoop » 10 Feb 2020, 20:31

ansi2019 wrote:
gobbledeegoop wrote:at my 6 week check up, my CRS had a look and said both the incision and fissure had healed

Man, i'm 4 months but 2 days ago started to feel that sharp feeling you're talking about.
It's like the AF saying " i'm still here ", no pain after BM to be honest, no spasm, just feeling a lil bit tight. Probably it will take more time for me since it's chronic AF + 2nd degree hemorrhoid tag removed.
I suppose these ups & downs are part of the healing process.

Anyone of the old LISers had this can gives us an idea about this please.
I was so scared yesterday after that feeling during BM, used to feel it yeah, but not that sharp.

how are you feeling now? I'm almost 8 months post op now. Last few months have been good. But recently I will get the occasional pin prick or slight scrape from both the fissure area and the incision area during a bm. It's not bad but still frustrating that it's not completely gone :groan:
gobbledeegoop
Fibre Addict

Postby ansi2019 » 21 Feb 2020, 03:39

gobbledeegoop wrote:how are you feeling now? I'm almost 8 months post op now. Last few months have been good. But recently I will get the occasional pin prick or slight scrape from both the fissure area and the incision area during a bm. It's not bad but still frustrating that it's not completely gone :groan:

I'll be 7 months in March 1st Post LIS, i still feel something inside, not bothering me to be honest, but it's like saying " you're not 100% cured yet ". I put some calming pomade there using an ear stick & i still feel something, don't know if it's the fissure or just the tag removed site. Something is still there & not 100% cured.
After BM i feel some agony for couple minutes after, not pain to be honest, just something proving to me it's still there.
I guess it needs more time / months for me to reach that level when i feel absolutely nothing during & after BM.

I'm still using 1 dose of laxative + strict diet. It seems this is gonna be for more couple months, frustrating but better than those years i have been suffering from Fissure.
ansi2019
Fibre Addict