Pooping Blood

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Pooping Blood

Postby shootypoops » 29 May 2020, 17:32

Hi there, I'm a newbie.
I've been dealing with blood when I wipe with absolutely no pain for over a year.
At the beginning of March, I started having a lot of blood in the toilet, still no pain. It would happen one day and then be fine for a couple of days and happen again. I bought a sitz bath and started using it for 10 mins after every BM. Never constipated, actually the opposite.
More recently, like the past week, I've had A LOT of blood when I have a BM and incredibly horrible pain when it's all over I feel a sort of pulsing in my rectum, what is that? I sitz for 10 mins and go about my day until the next BM when I do it all over again.
I went to my DR and she gave me a prescription for nifedipine with xylocaine. Been using for 24 hours and don't see much of a difference, but I don't expect miracles after 24 hours. She is referring me to a gastroenterologist and ordered blood work.
I also started taking Miralax 17g and keeping to "soft food" for fear of the pain.
This morning I had diarrhoea with A LOOOOOT of blood, like squirting blood in the toilet, it was all up the sides, all under the rim, splashed up onto my bum. This happened allllll day, at least 10 BM's, literally spent the entirety of my day in the bathroom going through the cycle of BM, sitz, cream, and all over again. Is this amount of blood normal?
shootypoops

Topics: 1

Re: Pooping Blood

Postby chachacha » 29 May 2020, 19:00

No, that amount of blood is not normal, and if it is more than you told your doctor about, you should either call her back and let her know what's happening now, or take yourself to the emergency department. Did she not tell you what to do if things got worse?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby shootypoops » 29 May 2020, 19:11

I told her there was a lot of blood but sue didn't really ask how much or anything. She also didn't tell me what to do if it got worse.

I'll call her on Monday when her office opens back up.

Thank you @chachacha
shootypoops

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 29 May 2020, 19:16

You're welcome, but I still think that you should go to emerg, or at least call a health/nurse line and describe your symptoms. The amount of blood loss that you describe could have very serious consequences.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19