Healed once before but leaning towards LIS now

Anal fissure #2

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Healed once before but leaning towards LIS now

Postby 3goodbyeAF » 14 Jun 2020, 23:01

Hi! 34 yr old mom of 3 very young kids. I healed from my first chronic fissure a year ago. I had my first fissure back in October of 2018. I could barely walk. Miraculously, I healed within 6 months (nitro + time) My husband treated me like crap the entire time. Come to find out, he was having an affair on me with my friend. I found out about the affair last April! Thankfully, I have been pretty good since last April. I now have suffered since March or this year with with a re-tear. It’s not as debilitating as the first time but the spasms are getting worse (nitro doesn’t seem to be working this time) It’s very hard to be in this pain and taking care of kids (and we’re all at home because of Covid!) I can’t take this anymore! I’m making an appointment tomorrow to hopefully schedule LIS! I’ve been in emotional and physical torture for too long. I just want this part of my life and pain to be over :(
3goodbyeAF

Topics: 1

Re: Healed once before but leaning towards LIS now

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Jun 2020, 00:25

I'm so sorry, this sounds so difficult. You are definitely dealing with a lot! LIS is pretty successful in most people. However since you've had 3 children, doctors may want to make sure that you have no hidden sphincter injuries before doing LIS. Botox is also an option in case you want to ask about that.

Take care and let us know how your appointment goes.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Healed once before but leaning towards LIS now

Postby tdwillis » 16 Jun 2020, 20:48

I know your pain and I am so sorry you had a retear. Wishing you the best of luck and keep us posted on what you decide.
tdwillis