incomplete bowel movement

I never feel as if I have finished my bowel movement. It feels as though something has wedged.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

incomplete bowel movement

Postby John Davies » 04 Jul 2020, 05:35

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this query.

Each time I go to the toilet, after I finish I still feel that there is part of the stool to come out. It feels as though the movement is incomplete and someting is wedged. I have had a "sigmoidoscopy" but this does not reveal anything untoward. It's been like this for some time now and I just wonder if anyone else has had the same problem?

Thanks

JD
John Davies

Topics: 1

Re: incomplete bowel movement

Postby chachacha » 04 Jul 2020, 09:12

When I had hemorrhoids, I had the same sensation, because they would swell when I had a bowel movement and that tissue made it feel like there was more stool to come. Could you have internal hemorrhoids? When you had the sigmoidoscopy done, they may have been looking for something more sinister, and didn't bother mentioning something as benign as hemmies? Also, if you still have questions about the situation, can you go back to your doctor and ask him or her?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: incomplete bowel movement

Postby dmcff » 06 Jul 2020, 04:32

It could be an after-effect of the sigmoidoscopy. After I had one in hospital, I noticed a sensation similar to the one you describe, and it has persisted for several years, causing quite a lot of discomfort. Subsequent digital exams didn't find anything out of the ordinary. A CRS I consulted told me that it's normal, and not to worry - easier said than done.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52