Please help with my recurrence

Anal fissure keeps returning

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please help with my recurrence

Postby painupmyasssigh » 03 Aug 2020, 08:51

Hi I’m new to this forum! So I’m a 19 YO female from Singapore and I first got my fissure last year around end Feb where I had passed a hard stool and that basically ruined my life forever sigh. I’ve been seeing my CRS regularly ever since and I’ve been prescribed rectogesic, lactulose and lidocaine gel to help me combat the pain and they’ve been working well throughout all this time. I’ve also undergone a lifestyle change where I have quit eating anything such as fried food that will harden my stool and I take lots of fruits and vegetables now. However my issue lies in how the fissure would heal and then return again and this cycle just keeps continue I honestly cannot live like this anymore it’s taken too much of a toll on my mental health :( It would heal for a few months and then return and it’s caused mostly by straining but the stool isn’t even hard. My CRS always says she sees the healing scar but yet it just keeps retearing over and over and she doesn’t want to do surgery at all because she says I’m still really young and honestly I too would not want to get surgery. Can anyone please help me and tell me methods that will best help me to heal and get rid of this once and for all I really want to live normally again and not have breakdowns over this daily it’s all I can think about and my life is truly ruined :(
painupmyasssigh

Topics: 1

Re: Please help with my recurrence

Postby dmcff » 04 Aug 2020, 08:00

I'm really sorry to hear of your trouble with AF. I think that in addition to seeing a CRS you should seek counselling - not that the trouble is "only in your head", it's obviously perfectly real, but you need to learn coping strategies. Is there a pain clinic at your local hospital? It might be a good idea to contact them and inquire. Again, I'm sorry you are suffering, and hope that you can find some local help.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Re: Please help with my recurrence

Postby summerseason » 22 Aug 2020, 16:42

Have you tried the sitz bath, especially the type of shallow bowl that fits over the toilet and you fill with warm water?
summerseason
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4