Botox experience and recovery

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Botox experience and recovery

Postby Suffering2long » 11 Oct 2020, 22:09

Currently week 3 after botox. Doing well. No pain or bleeding. Still can’t hold BM but I’m down to going twice a day usually before lunchtime. Today I had a little more firmness to the BM (number 4 on scale) which did irritate after. It hasn’t been painful or lasting a long time so I’m confident that I’m healing. I’m itchy at times but that could be the diltiazem as that has happened before.
Now just to keep BM soft for 12 months or forever! Not an easy task. I’m worried that the tight muscle will return in a few months. I really really hope not.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Suffering2long » 18 Oct 2020, 18:57

Day 23: after a good week, today I had a slightly firm beginning of stool and felt prickles. When I wiped, there was fresh blood. Very disappointed to say the least.
I did eat a few treats yesterday, so that may have contributed. Im feeling a burning sensation at the moment. I’ve taken a sitz bath, applied nifedipine and cbd oil directly. I’m hoping it was from the Hemorrhoids that I have. Probably wishful thinking but the prickle didn’t happen just at fissure site and didn’t feel like glass? It’s all confusing! At least I’m not having spasms because of the Botox.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Suffering2long » 22 Oct 2020, 23:02

Just an update from me. I’ve not got good news. I’ve been having fissure pain and bleeding with BMs for the past 4 days. It seems this Botox has failed. I’ve done everything I can: eating lots of fibre (my BMs are perfect 4 -5 on Bristol scale), drinking water, no alcohol, no toilet paper, rest, sitz baths, zinc oxide and ointments.
I don’t want to go down this same path again. CRS has said I’m not a good candidate for LIS. The only options I have left are anoplasty or a temporary colostomy bag. I’m not sure she’s willing to do the latter. I’m terrified of the anal flap surgery!
My problem is definitely the wound will not close or reopens too easily.
I’m seeing her in approximately a week so will discuss my options then.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Pzgre » 23 Oct 2020, 12:47

That sucks! I was hoping this would heal you. Are you using any stool softeners? Maybe try miralax for a while so the fissure doesn't stretch.
I totally get your feelings about the anoplasty,butt problems are the worst:(.
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Suffering2long » 23 Oct 2020, 19:24

Thanks for the reply :) I wish I could go back in time when I could poop without thought. I would never have taken codeine. I would’ve eaten the way I do now. But I needed to learn the hard way it seems.
Yes I am taking softeners. That’s the thing, poops are soft and pretty perfect. They are between mushy and formed but fluffy. I don’t like too loose as that irritates a lot. Saying that, I will take an extra magnesium tab, can’t hurt.
I’m reading up a lot on anoplasty. Very mixed reviews.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Pzgre » 23 Oct 2020, 20:07

I was reading your old posts, did you happen to get the manometry test? If so, how were the results.
Just like you, I always wish I could go back to my stress free poop days. I would have never let myself get constipated. Oh the things we take for granted:(

Are you feeling atleast a bit better than pre botox?
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 24 Oct 2020, 00:38

Yes I had the manometry test done. It showed I had high resting pressure further up in the canal. The dr said she can’t cut that far up. My pressure was 170!! Normal pressures everywhere else.
I’m doing about the same as before the Botox. The pain doesn’t last for hours after BM, I’m only in pain for about 1 to 2 hours. I had 11 pain free days though. It was awesome and I’m hoping to get there again.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Suffering2long » 24 Oct 2020, 00:40

How are you doing? What have you had done if you don’t mind me asking?
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Pzgre » 26 Oct 2020, 11:38

I haven't had anything done. Im currently battling my 4th fissure in 16 years. Ive had this one since Jan..fortunately my pain level is not too bad this time.
But constantly thinking about my bowel movements and the nagging pain /blood/irritation is very depressing.
I used Nifedipine for a month then gave up...I've started it again. I'm afraid of lis as ive had 4 vaginal births and I'm afraid of incontinence issues.
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Postby Suffering2long » 26 Oct 2020, 16:37

Oh wow. 16 years!? You poor thing. I’m going on 5 years which is crazy to me. I’ve had 3 kids so I’m really afraid of LIS too. Understandable as every CRS has said the same thing to me. That we are at higher risk of incontinence. Having experienced incontinence as you know, I’d hate to permanently have that. My quality of life is almost rock bottom at the moment.
I was offered a well paying job yesterday and had to decline. So disappointed! And had to make up an excuse as to why I couldn’t take it.
Maybe if you saw a surgeon they could go through your options? You obviously don’t have to go through with any surgeries but they might have a solution. The more I read about advancement flap, the less scared I am. I’m pretty sure that will be in my near future. If that fails, I wonder what my dr will suggest.
I can’t wait for my appointment next week. I desperately want her to have a look and tell me what’s going on.
Suffering2long
Proctosphincteranalogist