Tear One Year Post-LIS

Post-LIS Tear

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Tear One Year Post-LIS

Postby PreggoAF » 03 Aug 2019, 15:56

I can’t believe I’m back here again and I’m near tears. I had LIS plus skin tag removal and hemorrhoids banded in July 2018. It was a very painful recovery but I felt mostly back to normal after 2 months. My old fissure site always felt a little sensitive but I had been able to pass even occasional larger bowel movements without issue. Then a month ago I caught a cold and had a lot of coughing which led to a posterior hemorrhoid. I was a bit worried as every fissure I’ve ever had was always preceded by hemorrhoids. Sure enough, last night I had a slightly larger, harder than average stool. Nothing crazy. It was my second BM of the day. But it didn’t feel quite right. This morning I went and there was a little pink on the toilet paper when I wiped. And when I dabbed my butt again this afternoon after being on my feet with the kids all day there was a tiny little bit of red blood. I am sooooooooo bummed. I thought I read a statistic that only 1-3% of people have retears after LIS and I literally eat crazy healthy and have 1-2 bowel movements a day. I am so careful. Why am I one of the ones to retear? It just feels so unfair. Im back on Miralax and hoping for a fast recovery.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: Tear One Year Post-LIS

Postby Tatie » 03 Aug 2019, 21:23

Hello PreggoAF!

I had a LIS 9 days ago ...still recovering:) From everything I have read you can still have episodes of re-tears...but post LIS you are more likely to heal up quickly if you treat it properly in the acute phase. We have more blood flow post LIS so we SHOULD heal quicker than before surgery.

Sorry about the set back :/ Keep us posted on your recovery. Sending you healing vibes ....
Tatie
Salt Bather

Postby PreggoAF » 12 Sep 2019, 23:37

Hi Tatie,

Thanks for your response! I healed very quickly with that last year. It was very minor and I felt back to normal within a few days. I unfortunately had another little tear today that is a bit worse than the last and I’m feeling a bit bummed because I thought the odds of retearing were so much lower after LIS. I have occasional BMs that are harder or larger despite being a very regular person and they never caused any issue before I got pregnant with my second child. I’m wondering if my doctor wasn’t aggressive enough in his cut because I still feel fairly tight. Ah well, I’ll hit the Miralax and hope I recover quickly!! Hope all is well with your recovery journey!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 27 Nov 2020, 17:25

PreggoAF how are you now 1 year later? I'm currently pregnant again with my 3rd son I'm 28wks pregnant and of course worried the fissure will take me back to hell again since it started with my first an feared up bad with my second despite laying miralax everyday an even having soft bms it still came back so I think it has alot to do with the hormones tightening things up after birth an probably anxiety tightening things up aswel but I'm really hoping I can try TRY relax thins time around an avoid a big flare up. I hope you are well xx
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

-

Postby Pleyana_Moscow » 12 Dec 2020, 03:42

Oh, Im so happy for you I havent been on in a while, but its always so great to hear that people are doing well I wish you both continued success
Pleyana_Moscow

Postby missy moo » 20 Jan 2021, 15:41

Preggoaf how are you? Im due baby no3 in 5wks an having a small setback feeling annoyed if this fissure even trys to be as bad as it was post my other babies I'll be off for lis once an for all
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37