Does life ever actual get "back to normal" after healed

Needing wisdom from someone experienced and healed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does life ever actual get "back to normal" after healed

Postby Kaleb91 » 15 Dec 2020, 15:20

Ive been going through this for close to a year and im finally starting to feel some relief. But my mind is not eased by this. Whats it like after you get better? Ive had to quit jacking off entirely. Are you able to jack off or have sex as much and as hard as you use to? Mine recurred while i was jacking off so im so skeptical. Do you have to always take stool softeners and eat the same diet or can you actually not care about having a soft stool anymore? Im dying to know. Please and thank you
Kaleb91
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Does life ever actual get "back to normal" after healed

Postby Vishal » 30 Jan 2021, 08:40

According to Ayurveda over indulging in sexual activities can lead to ano-rectal disorders. Take it slow and remember that healing doesn’t mean it’s gone for good . You still have to make certain lifestyle changes like diet etc, a permanent thing.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rich44 » 07 Feb 2021, 16:57

Kaleb91 wrote:Ive been going through this for close to a year and im finally starting to feel some relief. But my mind is not eased by this. Whats it like after you get better? Ive had to quit jacking off entirely. Are you able to jack off or have sex as much and as hard as you use to? Mine recurred while i was jacking off so im so skeptical. Do you have to always take stool softeners and eat the same diet or can you actually not care about having a soft stool anymore? Im dying to know. Please and thank you
I suffered from a fissure for 6 long years. I finally had the LIS surgery a few months ago and life is back to normal. The doctor said everyone says the same thing - "Why didn't I do this sooner?"
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby thedude » 27 Feb 2021, 21:15

I know this is a bit old but if you are still reading this site, yes it can all be normal again. It took stool softeners for about 8 months to a year after my surgery. I had a partial LIS, fistulotomy and fissurectomy roughly 5-6 years ago.

Probably after that first year everything was pretty close to normal again. I was working out again. Riding bikes, eating what I wanted and yes you can have sex without pain(not here that I’m talking about straight sex..not sure about the other side).

I just made sure to be very careful with everything until my dr gave me the all clear.
thedude
Salt Bather

Topics: 3