A BREAKTHROUGH! there is hope!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A BREAKTHROUGH! there is hope!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Jul 2021, 07:25

Hello everyone,

Posted this on my diary but also wanted to post here to spread some hope. If you look at my profile you can see I've suffered with fissures since I was around 19 and I'm now 31. My pain ruined my youth, sex life, relationships. long story short I've had surgery years ago to remove a scar tissue stenosis and then the scar left from that kept ripping open with sex or going to the loo, but with no blood - I just think the scar tissue didn't stretch at all which caused the pain.

I have very exciting news. So my last post was only a week ago and I was in so much pain after my hard stool, the scar tissue had obviously opened and caused a new micro fissure. Well, I got straight back into my nifedipine cream in the morning and at night, and as soon as it stopped stinging after applying (3 days or so) I then went to dilating with my medium anal dilator with cocoa butter 2 times a day then applying this ointment morning and night: https://www.facetheory.com/collections/ ... etinol-oil

this oil is Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil and it has vitamin C vitamin E and jojoba (I just googled scar treatment cream, was desperate and found this)

well after doing that routine religiously, my pain has gone, I mean fully gone. for the first time in years. This morning me and my partner had sex, it was pain free for the first time ever and experienced no pain on my morning BM an hour later when normally I'd have awful scratchy glass pain on that first BM

I don't know if its the daily dilating, the Retin oil, or what.... but I'm going to keep up with routine without stopping. I started dilating months ago which made things less painful but I stopped as started to feel better and just generally forgot (this was a mistake)

Just wanted to update you all, I feel so good. I can't stop smiling after pain free sex and pain free pooping!! for the first time ever I feel normal. :D I hope this isn't only temporary, I'm worried I could regress and something happen that causes another relapse but I'm keeping everything crossed.

Has anyone else tried this oil? it doesn't hurt to use and makes stools pass more easily, it is meant for the face but I was desperate. I will post this also in the success forum in case people don't see this :)

FF xxxx

:afsmile:
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: A BREAKTHROUGH! there is hope!

Postby missy moo » 12 Jul 2021, 15:27

How are things going now?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jul 2021, 16:22

Hey missy!

Things are great, still no pain or issues. I get constipated super easily and that’s one of my big worries. How I would love to be normal and poop every morning but for years I stopped myself pooping to avoid pain.

Im in no discomfort now; no blood or pain. Im still dilating a few times a week (should do more I think) and still using the oil.

How’re you?
Ff

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 13 Jul 2021, 00:40

Thats so good i hope it lates forever an ghis can be an at home treatment option. A few years ago on this site someone else was doing it with great results too an i felt the need to try it but never did this time i going to. I'm having another flear up which seem to happen every 3wks also kids school holidays so home with my 2 kids an baby so sick of having flear ups it seems pointless me taking softeners watching my diet an drinking tons of water if nothing I'm doing stops the fissure retearing. Do you use softeners or fibre? I actually think softeners are a problem longterm because if you dont use it you lose it. Dont stretch it with bms then it can't stretch for randon more formed bms. This could be my problem.
Last edited by missy moo on 13 Jul 2021, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Ginger55 » 13 Jul 2021, 05:47

Fissurefrustration Great news - I so hope you stay healed! Once I finish this round of Diltiazem, Ill give Dialation a whirl, I think. Did you have LIS?
Ginger55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 Jul 2021, 06:26

nope, I was close to going for LIS but luckily now I don't think I need it. Missy, I don't take any supplements any more as my body was see-sawing with frequency so I just have flax seed on my cereal which keeps me regular! I've upped my water intake which has helped massively.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 30 Jul 2021, 01:14

How you going now?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Jul 2021, 01:42

Hey missy, I’m still doing really well. No pain at all and I’m still dilating when I can and using the vitamin oil every day. How’re you?

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 30 Jul 2021, 04:05

Still trying to figure out foods ny body doesn't agree with through the low fodmap diet its going well but still experiencing hard pebble like stool at the start of my bm which is frustrating but I'll figure it out. I received the vit oil you recommended but I'm hesitant due to the box info saying it shouldn't be used around delicate areas in can cause allergic reaction or sensitivity I'm scared of a reaction
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bottom Gun » 30 Jul 2021, 06:09

After reading missy moo’s “Breakthrough” about her recent success I believe there may be a common thread between what she is doing and what has worked for me to heal. Before I began applying Vaseline hourly, to keep my fissure coated, I would only apply cream once or twice a day when my fissure was most painful.

Perhaps why missy moo and I are now succeeding is because we started applying a coating over our fissures frequently, many times daily, thereby keeping foreign irritants away from our fissures long enough for our bodies to heal.
Bottom Gun
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2