My fissure journey and some links

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My fissure journey and some links

Postby hurt.butt99 » 09 Nov 2021, 13:26

Hi there, I have used this forum for many years to try to heal my fissure. I had thought I was on a healing pathway recently but I just had a bloody setback today, due to not drinking enough water yesterday and eating too many snacks. I am going to get back on track by taking more polyethylene glycol (Miralax) today!!

Of course, I'm only back on the forum when it hurts since I didn't want to be here when I was better!

Despite the fact that I'm on a setback today,

I would like to share some links that helped me on my recent success, and I am going to continue to follow it despite the setback.

This video was very helpful to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Scugo0mLos

In in, the doctor introduces All Bran Buds. I had been avoiding Metamucil due to a bad past experience. But I think All Bran Buds are better for me (contain psyllium fiber but also bran fiber). I hadn't seen these here on the Forum much in my previous searches. I started with a very low amount (9 g) and am now at a much higher amount (36 g). You do need to drink a lot of water with this treatment. The idea is you do not want small or wet stools. You want large, fluffy stools.

I also enjoyed hearing this video, to understand the physiology about the butt a little bit more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuiteSszdxE

I would also like to share that anal dilators seem to be in a clinical trial.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... w=2&rank=6

I will be watching this one with interest! I had gotten to 17 mm dilation before my set-back. 20 mm seems like alot!

Good luck to everyone out there!! I am thinking of you.

:smilyhug:
hurt.butt99
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: My fissure journey and some links

Postby owmybum » 10 Nov 2021, 15:00

Thanks for this!
I’m back here too after re tearing a couple of days ago.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hurt.butt99 » 11 Nov 2021, 12:37

Thank you, ownmybum! I am feeling bad for both of us. I hope we recover soon.

What is your plan to get past this first horrible phase and into recovery mode? I am going to be looking through the forum to find fresh ideas today.
hurt.butt99
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 12 Nov 2021, 11:05

I have no plan hurt butt! I’m just going to do what I used to do and eventually it will heal.

Vaseline before bm
Shower off after
Sudocream, rectogesic
Heat pad
Prayers!!!

What are you going to do?
What healed you last time?

It’s very depressing being back in this situation isn’t it… I’m sorry you’re here too. X
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Camry » 12 Nov 2021, 16:49

[quote="owmybum"]I have no plan hurt butt! I’m just going to do what I used to do and eventually it will heal.

Vaseline before bm
Shower off after
Sudocream, rectogesic
Heat pad
Prayers!!!

What are you going to do?
What healed you last time?

It’s very depressing being back in this situation isn’t it… I’m sorry you’re here too.

Hello owmybum. How is sudocream on you? Does this remove the stinging/burning/throbbing feeling after bm?
I tried using it before but I am not sure it worked. Shifted to calmoseptine instead. Still stinging pain after for hours.
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby owmybum » 13 Nov 2021, 09:49

Hi Camry,

No, the sudocream doesn’t really stop the stinging… but it protects the fissure from moisture.
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby hurt.butt99 » 13 Nov 2021, 13:02

Hi Ownmybum and Camry,

I like your optimism! I will borrow some!

I am trying to do the things that helped last time, like Miralax, but also some new things – focus more on fiber, do sitz bath before BM, and trying to get the stool large/bulky/soft since this is what the CRS-types recommend. I also need to do more dilation (when I am able to again), in conjunction with the increased fiber.

Please keep me posted on your journeys! I’m keeping fingers crossed for all of us to leave this terrible place of pain and onward & upward.
hurt.butt99
Fibre Addict

Postby Camry » 13 Nov 2021, 22:54

Hoping we all heal in time.
I am still left with that annoying stinging pain that can last for hours after bm. Still figuring out how i can have it go away.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby hurt.butt99 » 15 Nov 2021, 14:23

Hi Camry,

That stinging pain I guess is due to your muscles tightening after the BM, after the BM irritates the fissure. I don’t really understand the phenomenon, but for some reason the muscle gets so tight that you couldn’t put a finger into your butt if you wanted to (I mean, who wants to…. but you know what I mean!).

You want to (1) get the muscles relaxed enough to let the BM out without hurting yourself; (2) get the BM soft enough that it won’t re-irritate the fissure; and (3) help the muscles be less tense in the hours after the BM has ended and if you have a window when it isn’t tense.

To accomplish these three tasks I suggest (1) Sitz bath before BM and no pushing; waiting until BM is almost happening on its own; (2) Stool softener (for now) for soft BM and in the meantime start slowly increasing fiber (like Metamucil or All Bran Buds) to 30 g/day for long-term healing and allow body to passage bulky soft stool again; (3) Trinitroglycerine or other topical treatment that relax the muscle followed by careful, slow dilation to train the muscle to relax.

Patience for weeks/months/years to avoid re-tearing, even after things start to improve.

[Am I writing this for myself or for you? Image]

Take care, Camry!!
hurt.butt99
Fibre Addict

Postby Camry » 16 Nov 2021, 00:16

hurt.butt99 wrote:Hi Camry,

That stinging pain I guess is due to your muscles tightening after the BM, after the BM irritates the fissure. I don’t really understand the phenomenon, but for some reason the muscle gets so tight that you couldn’t put a finger into your butt if you wanted to (I mean, who wants to…. but you know what I mean!).

You want to (1) get the muscles relaxed enough to let the BM out without hurting yourself; (2) get the BM soft enough that it won’t re-irritate the fissure; and (3) help the muscles be less tense in the hours after the BM has ended and if you have a window when it isn’t tense.

To accomplish these three tasks I suggest (1) Sitz bath before BM and no pushing; waiting until BM is almost happening on its own; (2) Stool softener (for now) for soft BM and in the meantime start slowly increasing fiber (like Metamucil or All Bran Buds) to 30 g/day for long-term healing and allow body to passage bulky soft stool again; (3) Trinitroglycerine or other topical treatment that relax the muscle followed by careful, slow dilation to train the muscle to relax.

Patience for weeks/months/years to avoid re-tearing, even after things start to improve.

[Am I writing this for myself or for you? Image]

Take care, Camry!!

Thank you for the tips. Just had a retear today again on bm number 2. I try to only have 1 bm a day as not to stress my poor butt. Unfortunately my tummy ached and gelt the urge to do bm nunber 2 and bam! Retear again! Well this af really takes a lot of patience. :groan:
Camry
Salt Bather