How to poo once a day??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to poo once a day??

Postby Bluecat » 08 Jan 2022, 11:48

Hi,
Is it possible to have just one poo a day?
My fissure is "manageable" if I only poo in the morning. I'll have a bath right after, sit on a heat pad during breakfast and head to work.
(Spasms controlled by bath, heat pad and time....sometimes still last an hour of the morning )

Problem is, then I get home from work (or sometimes at work) and need to poop again. So I'll poop and it's like my fissure can't handle having another one because the afternoon one (even tho it's soft) causes my fissure to spasm for up to five hours.

Then sometimes I have a evening poop too!!!!

I currently eat:
Yogurt and granola breakfast
Carrot and humus snack
Apple, bran muffin and pear lunch (or pineapple instead of pear. Or kiwi instead )
Oatmeal with tablespoon PB snack
1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower (sometimes in a wrap, sometimes with mashed potatoes) for dinner
Evening snack is nothing or sometimes cucumber or apple slices or half a homemade oatmeal/date cookie.
9 glasses of water.

I can't cut much from my diet because I'm only getting about 1100 to 1200 calories a day. I'm slowly trying to add more calories as per my doc but it takes time as I'm scared of new foods and what they'll do. I also have fibre dialed in to what I need. And I take a solace stool softener at night.

My poops are great.
Soft. About the width of a smokey hotdog. A PERFECT poop for a normal person but I wish they were a smidge thinner. I have been trying more soluble fibre to see if this helps them be thinner.

(I also have a skin tag from the fissure. And I am on week six of this fissure. Caused from antibiotics.... Six days no poop.... Enema....poopexplosion....fissure. Thought I just had a hemeroid after... Not much pain except during a poop.... Then a few weeks later the spasms start and went to doctor)
Bluecat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: How to poo once a day??

Postby kalapuka » 11 Feb 2022, 15:41

Hi,
that's my question as well. I have a fissure for 3 weeks, but my doctor said it was chronic, although i didn't have such pain from F never in my life. yes, i know, it's not the first time I have had a fissure, but before it took just 1 day to heal. I got an ointment with nifedipine, i take psyllium twice a day 5 mg, i take Miralax before bed, and yesterday had 2 poops, and today 2 poops 15 minutes apart. and today nifedipine doesn't help for spasms, but helped me yesterday, my first day of taking it. i think in your case maybe you have more fiber than needed for your body nowadays. and me too. so i take off 5 gr of psyllium in the morning, just will live it for the evening, and will reduce amount of Miralax. May be you need to take less of stool softener. Oh, My, i just checked the date of your post. Did you figure out what made you to have 2 poops a day?
kalapuka

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 14 Feb 2022, 14:54

I poop once a day I've completely changed my diet I'm eating mostly fruits and vegetables no bread, no added fiber no softeners either. When i was taking a stool softener i got 2 bms a day when i took fiber supplements i would gave larger then normal painful bms.

Maybe try reduce your fiber intake and eat more fruits an veg. I personally think we need to heal our gut if we naturally are constipated so thats why I'm avoiding all alcohol coffee chocolate fiber any additives. All natural is what I'm eating i do somethings bake something but i use coconut flour or almond flour with a nut milk an coconut oil. No dairy
no gluten
no caffein
no eggs
no soy
no meat (a little fish or chicken sometimes)
No msg
No nuts or seeds (to sharp and hard to digest)

I'm actually doing a 28 day cleanse to help heal my gut from years of abuse eating junk. After the 28 days I'll be slowly bringing back in chicken an fish and nuts + seeds. Once my gut is healed it should be able to digest normally. Pm me for more info on the cleanse I'm doing
Last edited by missy moo on 16 Feb 2022, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Rich44 » 15 Feb 2022, 22:04

Bluecat wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to have just one poo a day?
My fissure is "manageable" if I only poo in the morning. I'll have a bath right after, sit on a heat pad during breakfast and head to work.
(Spasms controlled by bath, heat pad and time....sometimes still last an hour of the morning )

Problem is, then I get home from work (or sometimes at work) and need to poop again. So I'll poop and it's like my fissure can't handle having another one because the afternoon one (even tho it's soft) causes my fissure to spasm for up to five hours.

Then sometimes I have a evening poop too!!!!

I currently eat:
Yogurt and granola breakfast
Carrot and humus snack
Apple, bran muffin and pear lunch (or pineapple instead of pear. Or kiwi instead )
Oatmeal with tablespoon PB snack
1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower (sometimes in a wrap, sometimes with mashed potatoes) for dinner
Evening snack is nothing or sometimes cucumber or apple slices or half a homemade oatmeal/date cookie.
9 glasses of water.

I can't cut much from my diet because I'm only getting about 1100 to 1200 calories a day. I'm slowly trying to add more calories as per my doc but it takes time as I'm scared of new foods and what they'll do. I also have fibre dialed in to what I need. And I take a solace stool softener at night.

My poops are great.
Soft. About the width of a smokey hotdog. A PERFECT poop for a normal person but I wish they were a smidge thinner. I have been trying more soluble fibre to see if this helps them be thinner.

(I also have a skin tag from the fissure. And I am on week six of this fissure. Caused from antibiotics.... Six days no poop.... Enema....poopexplosion....fissure. Thought I just had a hemeroid after... Not much pain except during a poop.... Then a few weeks later the spasms start and went to doctor)
I typically go once a day, maybe 4-5 times a week. My only fiber is Citrucel (I can't really tolerate fiber that ferments in the gut like Psyllium) and I take 2 caplets a day. I drink 80-100 ounces of water a day (unflavored), no other drinks (which I am fine with - I actually want to only drink water). Everyone's gut bacteria and digestive system are different. Your body will do what it typically wants to do. I do NOT recommend stool softeners with a fissure. You want your stool BIG and bulky - definitely not thin and super soft. You may think you are helping yourself but I feel you are hurting yourself long term - so ask yourself this: how is your fissure situation doing these days? Yeah, exactly. I will say it every time - if you are still suffering and having to do all this preventative stuff because you are being held hostage to your fissure - get the LIS surgery. My doctor told me everyone says the same thing, "WHY didn't I do this LIS years ago?!!!" If you have only had this for six weeks, then maybe you can turn things around. But the extra soft stools will affect your sphincter. And the longer your fissure is there, the tighter that muscle gets and the tighter that muscle gets the less the fissure can heal itself and then you start to worry and when you worry, you have stress and guess what stress does to the sphincter? It tightens up from anxiety. And you become a prisoner for months, then years if not for life. Right now your fissure is acute but it sounds like it's entering chronic territory and once you get there... not good. BULK up your stools, do not make them thinner. Do not fear going to the bathroom. The bulky stools are necessary to heal the fissure. Do not touch Miralax or laxatives if you are not constipated. You do not want your colon reliant on that. And if you have IBS issues (which I do although mine are different - I have trapped gas issues and spastic colon pain from aggravation) then everyone else's "normal" advice is out the window. So my bottom line, eat food that has fiber in it, supplement more fiber if necessary, drink a lot of water, avoid stool softeners, avoid laxatives, try to avoid stress and when you have a BM... relax. Let it come naturally. Do not strain. See how it goes for a few days. Good luck!
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist