Caffeine

Just wondering about this

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Caffeine

Postby Worstyear » 09 Feb 2022, 12:03

Hey, I just read in another post by a fellow member that caffeine causes anal contractions.

I'm a heavy coffee drinker. Since the fissure I reduced my daily amount to half but I take 2/3 espressos daily.
I figured out that my huge fissure problem started when I got myself a coffee machine and drank a liter of that per day. Of course, I didn't drink water either and that caused dehidratation and hard stools.
I've stopped using caffeine for 3 months but I didn't experienced any difference in my stools/pain.
I've read contradictory info about caffeine. Some sources say that a normal amount helps with evacuation. But some others tell that causes lots of trouble.
Can you share your vision and experience? Links to scientific research also welcome.
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Caffeine

Postby Amychristine » 19 Feb 2022, 11:38

For me I find if I have too much coffee like more then one cup it can cause my fissure to flare up. It’s like it stimulates a bowel movement too much that it puts too much pressure on the tear. Also I think it’s bad to drink first thing in the morning I’d always feel like I had gut rot after.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2