what diet to follow

Please help me determine what I should eat

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

what diet to follow

Postby livingwithit » 06 May 2022, 01:22

Greetings All,

Oddly, I'm in the medical field, have been dealing with an anal fistula for about 3-5 years, and only now thought that there must be a forum for people like us. Until today, I was just winging it, using what I thought was "common sense" practices, but now that I've found this forum, I feel like I'm not alone, or just doing something that may or may not work. I've read some of your stories and want to thank you for sharing your experiences and offering support in the form of things you've learned about getting relief, and in some cases, cured.

I welcome any and all suggestions. My life is an open book, regarding this condition, so ask anything that you need to in order to help me. My main questions, at this point, are:
1. What diet works best to keep flare ups from occurring?
2. Any specific activities I should avoid or engage in?
3. What's the best treatment for flare ups?

At this point, when mine flares up I just put some pressure on it to expel whatever pus I can. I press the abscess in the direction of my anus so as not to create a deeper or longer channel for a bigger abscess to develop. If I don't press and relieve the pressure, I'm hardly able to move or sit.
livingwithit

Topics: 1

Re: what diet to follow

Postby ouchymumma » 13 May 2022, 22:18

If there is pus I would say get to a doctors if you havent already. I follow a plant based diet with low fibre at this stage. Welcome and good luck this forum is amazing! :wel:
ouchymumma