Fissure pain with haemorrhoids

Fissuer pain with haemorrhoids

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure pain with haemorrhoids

Postby Deleted User 9217 » 19 May 2022, 11:29

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with a chronic anal fissure 2 months ago after suffering with anal pain since January. I also have been told I have an old haemorrhoid but when I was examined it was on a "good" day so they weren't swollen and painful so I believe maybe they are not old they are current. Anyway I've been prescribed different creams and none have worked and actually my symptoms have got really bad. I now have fissure pain all the time instead of just after bowel movements. Ive also been bleeding from my bum (not the piles). I am on a waiting list to go back to the consultant but I'm so worried. How can I make the pain go away? It's ruining my life. Also the not knowing of when or what my treatment will be is making me even more miserable. Thank you for listening x
Deleted User 9217

Re: Fissure pain with haemorrhoids

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 May 2022, 17:10

The pain can be really tough to deal with. One thing to try is asking your doctor for painkillers to use until you can see the consultant. Make sure they aren't the constipating type. Warm sitz baths or hot water bottles will also be helpful. Pelvic floor relaxation techniques like deep breathing and stretches can help. Keep bowel movements soft but not watery with miralax or another non habit forming laxative. Use a lubricant before a bowel movement such as coconut oil. Take care and hope you heal soon.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby dmcff » 20 May 2022, 00:03

You need some form of pain management - maybe the quickest would be to get your GP to prescribe a painkiller like pregabalin or gabapentin, rather than an opioid. Also, breathing exercises can help.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby dhc » 22 May 2022, 14:32

The best thing I have found for pain relief is "suzzipad microwave heating pad" from Amazon. You heat it up in the microwave then sit on it. Works like a hot water bottle but I find it easier to use. Nothing other than heat seems to work for me but I have not tried prescription pain relievers. I got Botox on April7 and am healing but not completely better. I highly recommend it. So sorry you have to go through this.
dhc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2