Is that a skin tag?

Has anyone had this?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Is that a skin tag?

Postby Alisss » 23 Jun 2022, 04:06

Hi
I was diagnosed with AF about a month ago. Managed to cure the glass passing pain with rectogesic. Although I think what helped mostly with it was self dilation with a finger 2x per day (as my spinchter was really tight).
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I started to notice I have developed a long shaped growth which eventually started to hurt and bled couple of times. Now I have two of them. One is smaller just above my anuss and the other one streches between my butt cheeks. They are basically covering my anuss which makes it hard to insert Recto and the stool always touches it. My surgeon said that it's just an irritated skin and I could try Bepanthen or Sudocream ointments. Which didn't help, just stopped the bleeding.
I went to see him again couple of days ago. He said those are inflamed skin tags and they should be removed. But I've read that the fissure needs to heal before they can be removed?? And that usually the skin tags don't cause pain? Maybe it's an allergic reaction to Recto?
And the other thing is that where the larger skin tag ends between my butt cheeks on the right side towards my back I can feel a hard, swollen, painful bump. Can't see anything, the skin is not red or lifted but I can feel it when I touch it. When I have a bm, I try to press on it, which seems to help a bit with the pain. But afterwards it's like pulling and stabbing pain. Like ripping.
It's not the same spasm pain I had before but still hurts like hell. Afterwards I can't walk or sit. I can just lay down on my left side. I can't sleep at night, it hurts.
At the moment I take sitz baths with potassium permanganate.
Has anyone had these type of skin tags or aren't they really skin tags and something more serious?
I'm really in despare as I have spent the last month mostly lying in bed. I was happy that I'm able to pass stools with no pain anymore. But now there's new type of pain that puts me in bed most of the day. It's even hard to sit down and pee.
And need your advice!
Alisss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Is that a skin tag?

Postby patience_and_healing » 26 Jun 2022, 11:09

I think you should get looked at by a doctor for a possible pilonidal cyst. The swelling between buttocks is often caused by that. You may need antibiotics to help it calm down.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Alisss » 29 Jun 2022, 08:47

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it was an abcess. I was rushed to the hospital and got it drained under GA 2 days ago. Still in the hospital.
Yesterday when they took the bandage off, I felt great because I didn't have a bm. There was some blood but not too much. But today I had to have an enema. Bm was like rocks falling out. Probably due to the antibiotics and different food in the hospital. But now I start to feel some more pain in the abcess area and more puss coming out.
Is that normal? How long does it usually take for the abscess site to stop hurting?
I'm afraid of getting worse not better. Even with the drainage done.
Alisss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby patience_and_healing » 29 Jun 2022, 15:47

You need to check with the doctor about how long the healing of the abscess is expected to take. My guess is if it was drained but still looks infected then it needs medical attention. Warm baths could help bring it to an end as well.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40