Question about healing post surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Question about healing post surgery

Postby Upbeatpete » 14 Jan 2023, 15:09

I have a surgery for anal fissure and hemorrhoids scheduled for the end of the month and I was wondering if I could get some advice or tips on how you guys improved your healing post op.

Apart from the meds, did you take supplements or adhere to a strict diet to help your healing? What fruits or veggies did you eat more of? I read that Cabbage juice,Sauerkraut as well as Pineapple (bromelain) have healing properties that help reduce inflammation and heal ulcers, so I was wondering if this could also help with the healing process.

Also to avoid troubling the post op injuries, I was wondering if I could go on a water or fluid (juice) fast for about 5 days after the surgery. I am open to all advice as I would like to hear from those who have had to undergo this procedure.
Upbeatpete
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Question about healing post surgery

Postby Rich44 » 02 Feb 2023, 16:49

I didn't overthink it at all. A 5 day liquid diet? No way. I made sure to change the gauze in the area everyday. Other than that, no painkillers other than OTC, no special treatments and I followed whatever the diet guidelines were if any. I honestly cannot remember much more than it took about 10 days for the recovery part to be over and when I saw the CRS for post op visit 3 weeks after the surgery it was completely healed. I simply had a positive experience. I was optimistic the entire time. I knew the pain from the surgery would be nothing compared to what I lived with for 6 years. So you could say I healed myself with a positive attitude. Piece of cake! :D
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist