8 weeks post lis still feel pain during bowel movement

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8 weeks post lis still feel pain during bowel movement

Postby Mindhex » 03 May 2023, 19:29

I'm so depressed. I had the surgery and thought I'd be healed by now but I'm not. If I don't take miralax my bowel movements hurt. Tried using a toy and it hurt. My well endowed husband is upset that im still not healed since we haven't had sex in a year. I just want to be able to please my husband and this nightmare finally be over.
Last edited by Mindhex on 05 May 2023, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Mindhex
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: 8 weeks post lis still feel pain during bowel movement

Postby Hazey123 » 05 May 2023, 13:11

Oh bless you. So hope it improves. I can’t imagine it not hurting again but in your situation it’s even more difficult. I don’t want to be intimate anyway even tho it’s not that part!! Just too fed up. LIS should work maybe just more time is needed…
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Mindhex » 05 May 2023, 14:04

Hazey123 wrote:Oh bless you. So hope it improves. I can’t imagine it not hurting again but in your situation it’s even more difficult. I don’t want to be intimate anyway even tho it’s not that part!! Just too fed up. LIS should work maybe just more time is needed…

What if it never heals
Mindhex
Fibre Addict

Postby Hazey123 » 05 May 2023, 15:59

What does your surgeon say about healing time after LIS? Plus they can tell by examining you whether it is healing? I expect it takes ages to heal. This part of our bodies seems to. Lots of LIS success stories on here. Read them!! I’m dilating and reading dilation success stories. Still in pain tho so I can relate to your worries
GTN ointment
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Postby Mindhex » 05 May 2023, 22:50

Hazey123 wrote:What does your surgeon say about healing time after LIS? Plus they can tell by examining you whether it is healing? I expect it takes ages to heal. This part of our bodies seems to. Lots of LIS success stories on here. Read them!! I’m dilating and reading dilation success stories. Still in pain tho so I can relate to your worries

My surgeon abandoned me. I have no clue whats going on. Im scared my partner will eventually cheat if i never heal.
Mindhex
Fibre Addict

Postby Hazey123 » 08 May 2023, 15:05

Abandoned you? I feel surprised altho actually I’m not. My surgeon said my pain must be in my head and just kept telling me to wait til it got better so now I’m on my third opinion and I have a fissure. So it’s defo not in my head. Can you try and see someone else? To get a second opinion on the outcome of your surgery?
I feel your pain re your partner. It’s trickier in your situation but I think it’s a horrible thing that makes you feel less inclined to be intimate so we all feel worried on that score. You feel kind of broken and worthless sometimes. However it can’t last forever surely? We have to hope.
GTN ointment
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Postby Mindhex » 08 May 2023, 16:12

Hazey123 wrote:Abandoned you? I feel surprised altho actually I’m not. My surgeon said my pain must be in my head and just kept telling me to wait til it got better so now I’m on my third opinion and I have a fissure. So it’s defo not in my head. Can you try and see someone else? To get a second opinion on the outcome of your surgery?
I feel your pain re your partner. It’s trickier in your situation but I think it’s a horrible thing that makes you feel less inclined to be intimate so we all feel worried on that score. You feel kind of broken and worthless sometimes. However it can’t last forever surely? We have to hope.

Should i wait till the end of the month? Or try to see a second opinion now. I can't even use a dialator all the way like i used to.
Mindhex
Fibre Addict

Postby Hazey123 » 10 May 2023, 10:36

Hey I waited ages in misery for a second opinion. It will take a while to get another appt if you are really worried then do it asap. What does your current surgeon say? He must have an opinion on your tightness following surgery which should do the opposite??? I have not done LIS so I have no idea about the healing time, except this whole thing takes ages to heal. Anything to do with fissures seems to. I see you posted elsewhere about LIS I hope someone with first hand experience can offer some advice. However I do feel you need a surgeon who will help and support you. I saw 3 in the end. As I wasn’t convinced by second surgeon. My 3rd try seemed to be on my wavelength and understand all my concerns. However I had the finance to sort this personally. I know this is not a luxury everyone has. Keep us posted
GTN ointment
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Postby Mindhex » 10 May 2023, 14:52

Hazey123 wrote:Hey I waited ages in misery for a second opinion. It will take a while to get another appt if you are really worried then do it asap. What does your current surgeon say? He must have an opinion on your tightness following surgery which should do the opposite??? I have not done LIS so I have no idea about the healing time, except this whole thing takes ages to heal. Anything to do with fissures seems to. I see you posted elsewhere about LIS I hope someone with first hand experience can offer some advice. However I do feel you need a surgeon who will help and support you. I saw 3 in the end. As I wasn’t convinced by second surgeon. My 3rd try seemed to be on my wavelength and understand all my concerns. However I had the finance to sort this personally. I know this is not a luxury everyone has. Keep us posted

Thankyou for replying to me i will do just that
Mindhex
Fibre Addict